ATI Radeon HD6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

i updated to 10.7.4 today. All worked great except my audio speakers. They are not working anymore. I installed Apple HDA Rollback + Non-dsdt-ALC892 with no success. I also tried only the Patched AppleHDA-ALC892, same thing...

If i use my USB-Headset, sound is working..
But not my speakers.

(I have a ASUS P8P67 Motherboard)

Thanks,
H0ff1

Check if output device is selected in Sound Preference.

This happened to me too. I realise Lion deselected output device. Once its selected it back to normal.

Good Luck HOff1

My Speakers are not visible there anymore
Cant select them

I had this problem as well. Very strange. It turned out that my System Preferences > Sound > Output had turned my Internal speakers (Built-in) all the way down. Those "internal speakers" are actually my output to external speakers.

I also have this problem. VoodooHDA gets my audio working, but it causes kernel panic. I can get it to load every time without voodooHDA (with no audio) and with it, I can get it to load through verbose. Kinda frustrated here.

ElRojoMonkey said:
I had this problem as well. Very strange. It turned out that my System Preferences > Sound > Output had turned my Internal speakers (Built-in) all the way down. Those "internal speakers" are actually my output to external speakers.

Can select Internal speakers. There is nothing to select. Except my USB Headset if it is plugged...

Rustyoldknife said:
I also have this problem. VoodooHDA gets my audio working, but it causes kernel panic. I can get it to load every time without voodooHDA (with no audio) and with it, I can get it to load through verbose. Kinda frustrated here.

I also tried this. I tried it with 0.2.7.3, 0.2.61 and 0.2.56. No success.
I can select my speakers, but they only noise.. no sound at all

ER800 said:
Add the same problem

Redo the rollback + repair permission and the sound can back without rebooting

Also tried this. Don't works for me :yawn:

This is a symptom of 10.7.4 + ASUS (the latest patched BIOS). A better DSDT is needed.

Ok... somehow my speakers work now :eek:
No drivers installed, no updates..
I now have "Internal speakers" in the System Preferences.. don't know what i have done :D

I was having the same problem with this update and sound but I got it working after hours of messing with this :thumbup:
Here were the steps I took that worked for me:

• 3. Ran Multibeast with the following options:
    customac-multibeast-settings.png
  • 4. Restarted
  • 5. Ran Multibeast again with the following two options checked: Repair Permissions and AppleHDA Rollback

I'm a complete n00b at this so some of this could be unecessary, but I played around with this a lot until I apparently stumbled upon the magical sequence. Hope this helps someone out! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back