Contribute
Register

10.7.3, Atheros quirkiness (using latest probook installer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First of all, thanks to BK for the hard work assembling the installer, kexts, etc.

My question is on my i3 4530s, Atheros wifi. It works flawlessly, but after the laptop sits unused for awhile, the wireless disconnects, and won't reconnect until I disable/re-enable wifi. I do not have the machine set to sleep at all.

I've deleted and re-added the ethernet and wifi in the networking, and it still does the same thing.

Known issue (I haven't seen anything posted exactly like this)? or something else I can look at to troubleshoot?

When it has gone offline, what I see if I click on the wireless icon at the top of the screen is "searching..." the APs in my area show up, then they all vanish like the wifi switched off, then it starts all over again. Clicking on my AP when it shows up does not make it connect. Only a wifi-off/on command from the status icon brings it back.

Mine is the same way in both Snow Leopard and Lion. I am not sure what the deal is. I've learned to deal with the turning off and on the card. It has been that way for me 10.6.8, 10.7.0, 10.7.1, 10.7.2, and now 10.7.3.

blueking said:
My computer sleeps after time so I can't say.

Interesting, neither of my 4530s will ever automatically go to sleep. I have it configured in the power management menu. Hell they wont even turn themselves off if the battery gets low. They just die. both of them. I am doing a total reinstall this weekend, maybe that will correct it.

Sengfeng said:
First of all, thanks to BK for the hard work assembling the installer, kexts, etc.

My question is on my i3 4530s, Atheros wifi. It works flawlessly, but after the laptop sits unused for awhile, the wireless disconnects, and won't reconnect until I disable/re-enable wifi. I do not have the machine set to sleep at all.

I've deleted and re-added the ethernet and wifi in the networking, and it still does the same thing.

Known issue (I haven't seen anything posted exactly like this)? or something else I can look at to troubleshoot?

Mine does the same thing. Except it does it when i am using it. For example grading online papers. Today i lost wireless connection 3 times in 2 hours. It wouldn't reconnect until turned off the wireless and turned it back on. Been an issue since 10.7.2

blueking said:
That happens web you have low signal.

and full signal. i was at my kitchen table, and the routers less then 20 feet away in the living room.

Maybe something to do with wireless N?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back