Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone seen the OpenCL fix or found out how to find it for the new 10.7.2 final build that went public?

The old OpenCL fix doesn't work anymore as the GeForceGLDriver is a newer version and the old 11C43 fix doesn't work anymore.

Many thanks if anyone has info on this :)

is it different from previous patches? multibeast option not working anymore? Hope a solution will be found soon...

i hope that too... i'm tired of swapping my video card when i want to use win7 x64... :(

Baoren said:
is it different from previous patches? multibeast option not working anymore? Hope a solution will be found soon...

Yeah the old patches are no longer applicable. The hex strings changed 3 times during the 10.7.2 testing through several builds, like they were updating the drivers. Some folks found the correct hex strings to change up until build 11C43, and how they did it, I'd love to know :)

The 11C43 fixes worked up until 11C73 too, so it went through two revisions of using the exact same driver.

shadywack said:
Yeah the old patches are no longer applicable. The hex strings changed 3 times during the 10.7.2 testing through several builds, like they were updating the drivers. Some folks found the correct hex strings to change up until build 11C43, and how they did it, I'd love to know :)

The 11C43 fixes worked up until 11C73 too, so it went through two revisions of using the exact same driver.

And does this fix work also for 11c74, or will have to wait for a solution? another question, where can I find this new fix?
Also, I found another post about opencl with some nvidia cards: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=266318&st=0. If I understand, this other patch is needed to enable full opencl on cards with gpu different from gf100 and gf110. Am I right? should I apply both patches?

I tryed applying 11C43 patch as described in netkas blog, and then I applied the other patch explained in the insanelymac forum post I linked before. Card seems to work smooth, and for the 1st time for me, Luxmark test worked with my gtx 460.

Baoren said:
I tryed applying 11C43 patch as described in netkas blog, and then I applied the other patch explained in the insanelymac forum post I linked before. Card seems to work smooth, and for the 1st time for me, Luxmark test worked with my gtx 460.

Well :banghead:

Out of curiosity I tried that and I couldn't find the same strings. So, I instead tried searching for the new settings, namely 78 E8 83 F8 03 7C 11 instead of 78 E8 83 F8 02 7C 11 and found that it was there, already patched.

Turns out the updater didn't update my GeForceGLDriver.bundle and I was just on a goose chase. You can use the 11C43 patch, but the patcher in multi beast is incorrect, I believe. You do not need to apply the patch listed at InsanelyMac because that's for non GF1xx gpu's. All's well now. I also used Pacifist on the combo updater package for the GM (11C74) 10.7.2 build to make sure I was on the right driver. My bad guys and sorry for the confusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back