Contribute
Register

10.7.1 6870 Failure? GraphicsEnabler=No makes it ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7 2600K @ 4.8ghz
Graphics
560 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My issue post 10.7.1:

Code:
ATI card POSTed, reading VBIOS from legacy space

Memory allocation error!  Addr=0xdeadbeef, size=0x0, File=ati.c, Line=739

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

Any idea on the fix? Never encountered this before...

**I know I originally posted this in the updated thread, but no one has responded or had similiar issues so it might be with my setup**

System is as below, and I use a custombeast installer. Though process I did was Updated -> Multi Beast Rollback -> some reason KP -> restart and now get the above issue.

I can boot into OSX if I use "GrpahicsEnabler=no" when I start, it'll work 80% of the time (otherwise KP at login screen). I tried copying all extensions with "ATI" from my other machine still on 10.7 and installed via KextWizard (and multibeast) and both don't help at all... Ideas anyone?

Well this is odd. I can even play some games, like Trine, but not TF2 or Portal 2.

Sleep obviously is a nogo now...

Any ideas anyone?

TF2 and Portal 2 require GE=Y to run.

Well yes I gather as much, but sometimes with "no" you can get no acceleration at all. That is apparently not the case...

Any idea on the issue why this happened since 10.7.1 though? System should be able to do GE=Yes and has been since GM was released to devs (I'm an actual dev...).

having the same issue here, but thne ive never been able to run my 6870 with ge=yes :( its the bane of my life! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

vettahead said:
having the same issue here, but thne ive never been able to run my 6870 with ge=yes :( its the bane of my life! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

What issue are you having? What Mac OS version are you running too?

I was on 10.6.8 and had to use ge=no to et my dual monitors to work (one with a dvi/VGA converter). It doesn't work with yes? I think it's the VGA adapter that's doing it. I've managed to get it working with 1 monitor with ge yes in dvi and if I try hdmi the screen. Flashes on and off... Frustrating! I haven't tried any aticonfigs with the Hdmi though? Any help would be ace!

I can get my VGA -> DVI adapter and HDMI to work with GE=N. I cannot get it to work with GE=Y though, I only use HDMI as my single monitor. You would probably have to get a MDP -> DVI adapter to have dual monitors with GE=Y. I don't think there are any other possibilities, even with kexts.

Latest Chimera fixed the issue. No issues now again and everything 100% Supported. Thank You TonyMac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back