Register

10.6.8 stuck on restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
installed my network card

runs straight out the box didnt need to install any drivers or kexts

no idea how to add it to the wiki

its a star tech st100s

http://uk.startech.com/Networking-IO/Adapter-Cards/10100-Mbps-PCI-Ethernet-Network-Card~ST100S

cheap as chips and solved my h61 chipset ethernet instantly

i can also now connect to the app store

my only problem now is i cant make a unibeast drive so onwards we go

currently downloading mavericks then I'll create unibeast , get there in the end, no doubt I will have a whole host of new problems to solve when I do this

stevennufc

You should install and Apple Software Update 1.0

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1512

Many of the users report that this helps when making the unibeast thumb drive.

If this is not working then the download could be corrupted. And you may need to delete and redownload the file again.

How long did your download take when downloaded from the Apple Store.

Regarding the onboard network card ... You did disable that in the BIOS did you not.

As this may confuse OSX and the Apple Store....

Thanks your support is invaluable

yes I have disabled the inboard graphics,LAN and audio

have now got mavericks installing

using unibeast 4.0 so will let you know how that goes

had to use the graphics enabler switch the pcirootuid switch safe mode and the ncpi switch to get to the installation screen

fingers crossed and a few chickens sacrificed am almost there but the realist inside me tells me that many switches means this isn't going to be a smooth install

stevenufc

Glad we are at the point of installing Mavericks and that you were able to make the USB Drive.

Going forward if you have questions on Mavericks install please open a new post in the Mavericks Desktop Support Forum.

Its bad JUJU to mix old and new together. Plus it confuses me and others.

As to Chickens being sacrificed I like mine "southern fried" or BBQ'd !!!

You can use the USB Mavericks Drive to boot from like you did for iBOOT.

If you can and have a spare HDD you could use two or Three Small HDD to boot up each version of OSX and the evil empire... WINDOWS

As to boot switches well its a hack...and one of the necessary evils... you can edit a file and import them so as not to have to type it !

Also As I remember this MB had ok Sound driver which is supported and you could enable that and get that working. Or use a USB dongle for it.

Once the dust settles you could also consider a donation to the site to support it. Thats the most helpful way of a payback!!!.....:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back