Graphics
GT240
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I had problems before with my system running fine for a month then suddenly not booting, I reinstalled everything and it worked fine for another few weeks until today. I am running a very close version to the CustoMacMini (the older version, not Sandy Bridge, I have a i3-550).

When I try to boot into safe mode it does the same thing, shuts off during the grey screen with apple logo. I've tried many of the boot commands given on the boards and can't seem to get anything to work.

I've tried booting with iBoot, and gotten the same results.

I have a lot of stuff on the computer that I don't want to lose so does anyone have any ideas of what I can do so this stops happening.

I'm also pretty sure that my BIOS settings are correct because it was working before.

All I want is a stable version of Snow Leopard (preferably Lion) that works without fail and won't stop working after a few weeks.

I've checked the ACPI settings, made sure HPET is enabled to 64bit, all of that and gotten no luck.

I booted into the Snow Leopard install disk and ran disk utility which told me my disk needed to be repaired, but it couldn't complete the repairs. Why would this happen when the computer was working fine hours before?

Any help is greatly appreciated, I don't want to reinstall everything again only to get to where I am now in 3 more weeks.

I'm running a GT430 graphics card incase that matters, I never got it to fully support Quartz QE/QC or whatever it it's called during the last install, but I did have it the time before that.

please does anyone have any ideas, I really don't want to lose everything I have on this system, there has to be some way to save it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back