Graphics
visiontek ati radeon 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
For some reason or another, Mac OS 10.6.8 will not boot as long as there are other hard disks plugged in. I have one disk with Windows 7 and Ubuntu on it, one FAT32 disk that I use for backing up files, and then the one Snow Leopard is installed on. This is not a new install, it used to be working great (for over a year), I had instant menu installed and everything was peachy, I could choose my OS without issue. However, after cleaning out my Windows 7 partition on the separate disk of some viruses, I wound up having to reinstall Windows 7. After Windows 7 was refusing to install, I wiped the whole drive, Ubuntu with it (Not a big deal, I really only seldom use Ubuntu). So it would turn out, the issue with Windows 7 not installing was that it didn't like the fact that other HDDs were plugged in. So I successfully reinstalled Windows and Ubuntu, and can boot into them just fine through Grub2. It was around this time that I discovered the issue with OSX not booting unless I unplugged the other disks (I have my OSX disk set as the primary boot disk). What it shows when I try to boot is just a forward slash at the top left \ with the _ underscore beneath it (not spinning). If set my Ubuntu/Windows disk as primary, Grub2 does not see OSX as a bootable option (it used to, although I never attempted using it to boot into OSX), and when I try to mount the OSX disk in Ubuntu, it gives me an error (I can't remember what the error is, I will post it once I check), although it can at least see it. I've tried reinstalling Chimera in multibeast, but it did nothing.

From the words of Jacki Chan's uncle; One more thing, there is some text on the chimera screen when I load the disk (you know, with the other disks unplugged). I do not remember this text being there before.
label: partition name
biosdev: 0x80
type: 0x80
flags: 0x4a
part_no: 2
part_boff: 0x64028
part_type: 0xaf
bps: 0x0
name: ----
type_name: GPT HFS+
modtime: 1360901135
width: 1024
height: 768

Or maybe I'm going crazy but I don't remember this text always being there. Sorry for the wall of text, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bump, any help would be most excellent. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back