Contribute
Register

10.6.8 GUIDE for customac z68X-UD5-B3 everything working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think I'm going to wait on the Lion update.

I over-clocked today. Disabled Turbo Boost and set the CPU clock ratio to 42x (4.2Ghz). CPU Vcore set to 1.350v to give the 42x enough juice. That may be more then I need, but I'll have to test. I ran Prime95 for 2 hours, no problems, max CPU temp at 68 celsius with a Cooler Master Hyper 212. Well within stable range. Geekbench at 15200.

Should have followed these for OCing!:

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/968053-official-sandy-stable-club-post-your.html

http://www.overclock.net/intel-general/910467-ultimate-sandy-bridge-oc-guide-p67a.html

OK guys - so after many, many attempts, I can confirm this build/upgrade works with Tony's xMove to upgrade to lion BUT only without using the DSDT and only EasyBeast. I am on the F7 bios, Z68X-UD5-B3 Rev 1.

It seems every time I use the DSDT the whole thing dies and I have to start from scratch - even from the first install of Snow Leopard - I am wondering if it's because of the OCZ Agility SSD as this is the only difference I have to build #4.

Do I even need to use a DSDT? If EasyBeast works anyway? Should I care?...

Cheers

akzidenz said:
OK guys - so after many, many attempts, I can confirm this build/upgrade works with Tony's xMove to upgrade to lion BUT only without using the DSDT and only EasyBeast. I am on the F7 bios, Z68X-UD5-B3 Rev 1.

It seems every time I use the DSDT the whole thing dies and I have to start from scratch - even from the first install of Snow Leopard - I am wondering if it's because of the OCZ Agility SSD as this is the only difference I have to build #4.

Do I even need to use a DSDT? If EasyBeast works anyway? Should I care?...

Cheers

My experience is totally different. I used the DSDT and Custombeast. Didn't use Easybeast at all.

6GBps SATA Ports & USB 3.0

I just built two CustoMacs with this board and everything went smoothly except for the fact that the white 6GBps SATA ports do not seem to be active. I am assuming this is something I need to tweak in the BIOS.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Ideally, I'll have these running at 6GBps, but can step down to 3GBps if needed.

On a related note, it looks like this mobo has on-board RAID. If I move my RAID drives from my old MacPro into this box should they "just work" or will I need to do something special?

Finally, reading through this thread, it looks like USB3 is supported by the drivers on Multi-Beast. Can someone confirm before I implement this change?

Thx ... KMH

Will this build work with a Intel Core i3-2100 Processor 3.1GHz 3 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 on F7 DSDT?

Re: 6GBps SATA Ports & USB 3.0

kmhacker said:
I just built two CustoMacs with this board and everything went smoothly except for the fact that the white 6GBps SATA ports do not seem to be active. I am assuming this is something I need to tweak in the BIOS.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Ideally, I'll have these running at 6GBps, but can step down to 3GBps if needed.

On a related note, it looks like this mobo has on-board RAID. If I move my RAID drives from my old MacPro into this box should they "just work" or will I need to do something special?

Finally, reading through this thread, it looks like USB3 is supported by the drivers on Multi-Beast. Can someone confirm before I implement this change?

Thx ... KMH

USB 3 does not work for me even when using Tony's Custombeast. The ports work with USB2 drives, but my USB3 drive won't mount.

Hey guys,

I seem to be having problems with restarts, shutdowns, and sleep. Choosing any of those options will make the screen go off, but the pc will continue running with fans at full speed. I have to manually shut the thing down by pressing the power button.

I have used the F7 DSDT.aml from tony.

This is a list of all kexts that I have at the time in '/Extra/Extensions':
Code:
Core-i7-Mac:~ delirial$ ls -1 /Extra/Extensions
ALC8xxHDA.kext
FakeSMC.kext
JMicron36xATA.kext
JMicron36xSATA.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

I have removed the EvOreboot.kext, thinking that was the problem. But that didnt work either.

Could anyone with a proper config (including shutdown, reboot, and sleep) issue the following command on their terminal so that I can see if I'm missing anything?

Code:
ls -1 /Extra/Extensions

regards,
del

Remove the USB3 kext from S/L/E. It'll be the only file that starts with PX

HoosierInFL said:

Wow! I feel technologically-challenged after this. I kept looking for that file in /Extra/Extensions and figured I had never installed it because it wasn't there.

Thanks!

HoosierInFL said:

Does Sleep work properly for you?

Mine goes to sleep. I can see the fans shut-off, just as the case lights. However, when I try to wake it up, the display wont come back up. I can see the fans and everything else light up.

Rebooting with the reset button seems to lead to the BIOS having to reload the last known good config.

Bummer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back