Contribute
Register

10.6.8 GUIDE for customac z68X-UD5-B3 everything working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried Tony's Custombeast installer and it completely hosed my machine. Won't boot at all. My system was running fine. The only reason I did it was to see if it would fix the crashes I get when I run any peer to peer application.

Even though I requested a Custombeast with the F6 bios, he would only give me one with F7. So, updated to F7 and ran Custombeast with catastrophic results. The instructions also said that a Realtek installer would launch when Custombeast was finished. That did not happen.

I cloned my drive before doing this and thank god I did. I was worried about the backup because it was backed up on the F6 bios, but the backup is now running on the F7 bios even though the last DSDT used on it was for F6. I'll be testing everything again.

Tony tells me my machine is the problem, but it was working fine before Custombeast.

Buyer beware.

HoosierInFL said:
I tried Tony's Custombeast installer and it completely hosed my machine. Won't boot at all. My system was running fine. The only reason I did it was to see if it would fix the crashes I get when I run any peer to peer application.

Even though I requested a Custombeast with the F6 bios, he would only give me one with F7. So, updated to F7 and ran Custombeast with catastrophic results. The instructions also said that a Realtek installer would launch when Custombeast was finished. That did not happen.

I cloned my drive before doing this and thank god I did. I was worried about the backup because it was backed up on the F6 bios, but the backup is now running on the F7 bios even though the last DSDT used on it was for F6. I'll be testing everything again.

Tony tells me my machine is the problem, but it was working fine before Custombeast.

Buyer beware.

I noticed issues as well after the custombeast install. My system now sits at a blue screen for a few minutes before giving me the login prompt after startup. I am getting kernel panics as well and hope that I won't have to reinstall, but can instead delete directories and run Multibeast again. I am on the F6 bios but need to update to F7 just to confirm that won't fix the issue.

Joe

joemamasmac said:
HoosierInFL said:

Buyer beware.

I noticed issues as well after the custombeast install. My system now sits at a blue screen for a few minutes before giving me the login prompt after startup. I am getting kernel panics as well and hope that I won't have to reinstall, but can instead delete directories and run Multibeast again. I am on the F6 bios but need to update to F7 just to confirm that won't fix the issue.

Joe

After I restored from backup, I ran the lnx2mac realtek driver installer all by itself. I didn't run custombeast. I rebooted and it stuck at the blue screen. The login page never came up. So, I booted into a backup install and put back the original realtek drivers I was using. Upon reboot I still had the problem. So, there's something that the lnx2mac installer is doing that screws up our machines.

I had to restore from backup again in order to use my system.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

yes custombeast has hosed my system as well. All of a sudden I can't boot into it. gets to the apple screen then sits for a while, loads a blue screen and that's it.
Luckily I have a backup!

---

after writing that it booted up after a long delay. will try updating bios and see what happens

tooobed said:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

yes custombeast has hosed my system as well. All of a sudden I can't boot into it. gets to the apple screen then sits for a while, loads a blue screen and that's it.
Luckily I have a backup!

---

after writing that it booted up after a long delay. will try updating bios and see what happens

Yup, I had the same problem with CustomBeast when I didn't update to F7. Although I still had problems even after F7, so I switched to MultiBeast. No biggie, because 1st of all Tony and MacMan are awesome and deserve some dough, and secondly MultiBeast + this thread has been phenomenal. The only weird thing I get now when I boot in, is the screen goes black, then blue, then fade to desktop. All that happens in about 3 or so seconds. Everything else, but USB 3, is good. Interesting note Hoosier on the peer to peer. I'll have to try that out. Thanks again y'all.

Back up and running pre-customBeast install. Thank god for superDuper!
Wrote to Tony+macman so maybe they will see we're all having issues with this.

So I'm running on F7 BIOS with no issues so far. Video card not identified properly but not a big deal.

Hey guys

I'm posting a success, following the instructions on a F7 BIOS, and not using Chimera but the Chameleon_2.0_RC5_r828.zip from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=231075 and without DSDT.

I tried before using Chimera and DSDT and it didn't work. It was either one of those last time which made it fail, so I didn't use it on this round...

Going to try to install Lion now!

Cheers

Lion was a big fail, even tried the new xmove thing by tony.

Anyone had success?

akzidenz can you be more specific on what you did to help out the readers? I'm talking about the snow Leopard install.

I'm back to normal now after running multibeast a couple more times to get sound and vid card working and identified respectively. Will not be touching Lion at ALL until there's a good/tested hackintosh process and all design apps are properly supported.

akzidenz said:
Lion was a big fail, even tried the new xmove thing by tony.

Anyone had success?

I installed Lion last night and everything works except for facetime. I can't seem to log in. I'm guessing it has something to do with apple's servers. I'll try again later tonight. Also, after installing Lion I had to re-run MultiBeast to get network, audio and graphics to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back