Contribute
Register

10.6.8 GUIDE for customac z68X-UD5-B3 everything working

Status
Not open for further replies.
@intrepid_19: If you don't interrupt the Chimera countdown it boots directly into SL. If you hit the space bar during the Chimera countdown you will be presented with the bootable partitions on your machine. Choose the one you want.

@joemamasmac: If you install without the instant menu option then Chimera will act as I have stated above. You should be able to undo this by running MB again and selecting your preferred boot option, and "NOT" selecting the Instant Menu option. You could also edit /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist file and take out the Instant Menu items.

Thanks for all your help guys! Everything is working, however when I try to set my bios to boot into the SL drive I can't access the bios?

Hey Guys, i've got the customac working with the default multibeast and iboot method. its running fine for so far, except audio.
sorry for the nooby question, but how do i rebuild chache like alantichan posted?
thx :)

btw, i tried the other method posted previously already, and i can select the digital out in the system preferences, but thats it. ther isnt any sound on my headphones

hmmm
so what's the verdict on the DSDT from this site for the UD5 board? seems like it causes more problems than it solves.
Is there another source for these?
I'm about to put down cash for this board so just a bit nervous that people are having issues with what's supposed to be easily compatible h/w.

with the newest voodoo kext installed, i am getting sound. but its very crappy. Very silent, gained and much noise. and this kext caused several kernel panics... i removed it. maybe it helps with finding a solution. thx :)

For those who cannot restart / shutdown:

I have confirmed the USB 3.0 kext causing the restart / shutdown problem
Once removed (PXHCD under /S/L/E), restart / shutdown works again!

Hope it helps.

Has anyone played around with the SSD Cacheing with the configuration of the Intel 311 Series 20GB 2.5" SATA II SLC Enterprise Solid State Disk. Didnt know if that would be something I would want to add on to the MOBO for better performance or if anyone was out there testing it.

From what I can tell the performance of the MOBO increases, but is it worth it? and will the configuration work for OSX?

I am so frustrated right now. I ordered the parts for Customac #4. The only things different is the case and I'm using an SSD from another computer I was using.

I can't get the SL installer to see my hard drive. The BIOS sees it but it never shows up during install. I'm completely stuck because of this. I have the bios set to AHCI and all the other recommended settings. I have tried all the boot flags, including trying -x safe mode but either I get the Apple logo with the spinning wheel or the installer does not see the drive.

Why the heck is this happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back