Radeon HD 4850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Here are the steps to get up to 10.6.8:

Things you need: SnowLeopard install disk, chimera installer, multi beast, iBoot. Also make sure you set your BIOS to 32ghz and AHIC to enabled. You can overclock once the install is finished. Have 1 HDD installed and only 1 stick of RAM. On to the guide!

1) Boot with iboot and preform a fresh install with 10.6 SL disk. I didn't need to enter any flags.

2) Once 10.6 or 10.6.3 is installed and your looking at the desktop run multibeast and select easybeast + system utilities. Once multibeast is finished reboot the computer with the iboot disk still in. Select your SL install on boot to get back to your desktop.

3) Preform these steps (thanks TooSixy!):

A. Remove the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext as it will cause a kernel panic when trying to update to 10.6.8. This IOPlatform.kext file is located in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins folder. (Right click on IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext > show contents, then continue following the folder tree)
B. In Terminal, type: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
C. Run MultiBeast and select System Utilities to rebuild kext cache (yes again). If multibeast fails, install kext utility from multibeast and then run that from your applications.
D. Reboot and update 10.6.8

4) Don't restart after 10.6.8 update. Run multibeast again and select easybeast + run and install chimera. Once chimera is done installing reboot your computer after you remove the iboot disk from the cd drive.

5) Once your back at the desktop. Run multibeast again (last time I promise) and select:
System Utilites, Drivers & bootloaders > kexts and enablers > network > Realtek Gigabit Ethernet (just tickbox the last one), then Customizations > system definitions >iMac > iMac 12,2

6) Restart after Multibeast finishes and your new 10.6.8 desktop should appear upon reboot.

Notes:

Everything seems stable and everything seems to work. One side note: I am not using the motherboard audio and have it disabled in my BIOS. You may need to add a kext for this if it isn't working.

Why run multibeast so many times?
a) Multibeast would fail no matter what if easybeast was not run at the very first time you made it to the desktop. Took me 3 installs to figure this one out.

I lost mouse activity after step 3!
a) Yeah, happened to me too. I just grabbed a different mouse and plugged it into a different usb port. Another mouse popped up and I used that for the rest of the install. Once 10.6.8 is installed I got my original mouse back. This might not happen to you.

CineBench: Open GL: 40.03, CPU= 8.28, GeekBench: 12976 (these are with the bios set to Turbo 4.4ghz).

hey dude thanks a lot for the tutorial !

althought I dont have your build, out of pure desperation i decided to try it (it was also very clear compared to others ;p)

and it worked with my build.. its just sound that I was unable to fix.. but ill try to figure it out tomorow.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1gb
RAM: Corsair Vengence Blu 1600Mhz DDR3 (16GB) (but only 4gb for the install)
Case: Lian-li aluminium classical series
Power Supply: OCZ 500watt ModXStream Pro
Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc
Hard Drive: Seagate 1 TB 7200RPM
Installation DVD: Mac OS X Snow Leopard
I installed with an hdmi connection to my monitor.

thanks again !

Thanks vm!!

Worked for me too in
MSI p67a-c45
i5-2500
ATI5770

But kernel loads in 32bit mode, when try 64 i have KP.
Thanks

mmmm para mi no funciona... se queda en la manzanita cargando y no pasa de ahi, luego de actualizar y reiniciar.

Don't work for my... only charge in the apple in the moment to install the update (after to).

HELPME PLEASE!

what do you mean by set the bios to 32ghz???
and how do i do that?? thx

lan not working on the extreme4, on-board lan is broadcom not realtek.

this is me

img0010cq.jpg

trying with my original 10.6.6 DVD from my MCP sandy bridge early 2011
same as here.
will try something else then

p.s. After the failed attempts.
Now the windows disk won't boot :eek: :eek: :eek:

p.s.2 Tried with 10.6 retail copy.
It reaches to RTL81.... and is waiting for root

This is my firs message here!
Hi! Do you think this guide its valid for Asrock P67 Extreme6 with Ati 5770?

Thankyou

thanks for the guide, worked perfectly for me!

The only thing I changed was that I installed Lnx2macs ethernet drivers since the Realtek ones were giving me kp's when using t*****t programs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the steps to get up to 10.6.8:
Multibeast finished offter my pc Don't restart, Don't Shadow , pc go to sleep mod
what do next ? please help me sir :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back