Motherboard
Asrock z77 Professional M
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
EVGA gtx 760 Ti 4GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am trying to install SL on my laptop. I was able to install 10.6.3. I downloaded 10.6.8 combo update at least 5 times, from both laptop and desktop, and I also tryed resetting router. Each time I get the same error "MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.dmg couldn't be opened" it says something like if it is not recognized or so. But I donwload it from apple!

really don't know what to do.

In the end, I downloaded 10.6.7 combo update and then 10.6.8 update. These were not corrupted.

I cant seem to find any other mirrors for this download. The official download from Apple fails the CRC check, and the file stops at 1.07 GB. I have tried restarting my modem/router and it still doesnt work. There are few threads on Apple Support about this issue, but no solution yet - for e.g. - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3213151?tstart=0

I tried downloading 10.6.7 and then 10.6.8, but that method doesnt work because my computer wont boot after the first update, using MultiBeast.

Baoren said:
I am trying to install SL on my laptop. I was able to install 10.6.3. I downloaded 10.6.8 combo update at least 5 times, from both laptop and desktop, and I also tryed resetting router. Each time I get the same error "MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.dmg couldn't be opened" it says something like if it is not recognized or so. But I donwload it from apple!

really don't know what to do.
you cannot update 10.6.3. straight to 10.6.8 combo update you need at least 10.6.6 first then you can skip 10.6.7 and go straight to 10.6.8 hope this helps

katrocks said:
you cannot update 10.6.3. straight to 10.6.8 combo update you need at least 10.6.6 first then you can skip 10.6.7 and go straight to 10.6.8 hope this helps

Are you sure about that? The official guide by tonymacx86 states that you can upgrade directly to 10.6.8 from the retail DVD (which is 10.6.3).

zdestiny said:
katrocks said:

Are you sure about that? The official guide by tonymacx86 states that you can upgrade directly to 10.6.8 from the retail DVD (which is 10.6.3).
ya I see that but I could not do it wouldn't let me update till I had at least 10.6.6

Having the same problem.

I finally managed to get the 10.6.8 update file from another location, which actually works. (This should not be piracy, since we are just using an alternative means to get a file, not breaking any copyrights, correct? Its the same as obtaining the combo update from a friend, which is a freely available file, just hosted on a different server. I could be wrong, so please let me know). Let me know if anyone wants to know how to get the update.

Could you let me know what your alternate source is? I've literally wasted ~5 GB of my bandwidth trying to download this stupid file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back