Graphics
radeon hd 5650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I with the help the people from this site I have successfully installed 10.6.7 on my pc (hardware: Gigabyte ga-x58a-ed3r:i7 930:Radeon HD 4850). The only problem I am having is that the mouse cursor is extremely laggie and jumps around in a split second. Does anyone know what I mean? I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Oh I forgot to mention that I have already tried a new mouse and the problem persists.

anyone any help please.

Can you confirm:

Does the keyboard respond at normally or is it laggy too?

Does the rest of the computer run at 'normal' speed (for instance opening files or playing video)?

And:

Do the settings in System Preferences>>Mouse change the mouse response in any way?

Yes the keyboard functions at normal speed and so does the system. By changing the settings,i.e. the speed, under mouse system preferences the issue still happens like if I didn't change anything. Thank you for your help.

By chance were the mice the same brand or model?

Are you overclocking?

Reading a bit it seems it is possible that the polling frequency of the mouse and the bus can somehow interfere leading to the jumpy mouse issue.

And at least a few forum posts state they had issues with the Logitech G5.

no both mice work different brands. the original mouse was wireless the new mouse it's wired usb. thank you for your help.

Is this the iTunes/QT issue? I just installed 10.6.7 too and only have mouse lag when I start up iTunes... Still looking for a solution.

I don't think its the iTunes/QT issue because my issue happens all the time whether itunes is being used or if it's not being used.

Does anybody have an idea of what is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back