Contribute
Register

10.6.6 - Won't Boot - Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jester969 said:
Have you tried ENABLING in BIOS or changing USB ports since your board does not have 3.0 ports.

Is your BIOS running @ optimized defaults?

Based on your mobo it has 1.0/2.0 USB ports. Are you using a USB k/m? Are you using PS/2 K/M?

You definitely need K/M. :think:
I've tried doing it both ways. USB k/m and mouse or PS/2 k/m and neither seem to get me anywhere. :S

Here are my BIOS settings:
s98ah983b_jg.png

39mft0ozke7b.png

k9rrla32-~te.png

Disable full screen logo at least you could see if any errors occur during initial bootup.

Your BIOS settings are correct.

Can you type in anything at all?

If so try -v @ bootloader.

Very strange USB ports aren't working. :think:

Try USBBusFix=Yes @ boot and see what happens

EDIT, go to "Integrated Peripherals" and disable the option "SATA Port0-3 Native Mode". Boot normally and see what happens.

Do you by any chance have Windows installed on the drive?

jester969 said:
Disable full screen logo at least you could see if any errors occur during initial bootup.

Your BIOS settings are correct.

Can you type in anything at all?

If so try -v @ bootloader.

Very strange USB ports aren't working. :think:

Try USBBusFix=Yes @ boot and see what happens

EDIT, go to "Integrated Peripherals" and disable the option "SATA Port0-3 Native Mode". Boot normally and see what happens.

Do you by any chance have Windows installed on the drive?

Note that I'm booting with iBoot: I tried USBBuxFix=Yes at boot and I get the same result, the Mac boots up but leaves me at the desktop with no USB function. The same thing happens if I boot with -v, it goes through all the lines of code and then boots up with no USB function.

I disabled the SATA Port0-3 Native Mode option and tried to boot without iBoot. Once again, the system sits at "Loading Operating System ..." If I boot with iBoot, same result, no USB function. :(

Any update? Maybe we can do something through Terminal using the SL disc to fix this? :crazy:

I'm not even sure how to remedy your problem any further. I am stumped and since no one else on the board has chipped in yet...I'll try one more hail mary. :crazy:

Try resetting your BIOS to system default and then set them back to normal hack settings

Wipe your drive and burn another image of iBoot on a CD.

Proceed with iBoot + MB

List of instructions for wide array of ISO burner programs to burn iso files on discs.

http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm

jester969 said:
I'm not even sure how to remedy your problem any further. I am stumped and since no one else on the board has chipped in yet...I'll try one more hail mary. :crazy:

Try resetting your BIOS to system default and then set them back to normal hack settings

Wipe your drive and burn another image of iBoot on a CD.

Proceed with iBoot + MB

List of instructions for wide array of ISO burner programs to burn iso files on discs.

http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm
Alright, will do. I also have everything backed up on a Time Machine disc. I can get to all of my kexts and what not, but I am unable to modify them. Would this be any help in addressing the problem? Maybe I could somehow copy this whole folder and modify the kexts inside it and then try and restore from that. I do know that the Time Machine disc isn't meant to be modified, so I'm not even sure if we could do that. I do notice when I boot with iBoot using -v, it hangs at USBFamily.kext or something similar, but then proceeds onward. o_0

What about trying to put kexts on a USB stick and installing them via terminal on the Snow Leopard install disc. Would this be of any use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back