Graphics
9800 gt
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, I've been having problems upgrading/clean installing 10.6.6. 10.6.4 is last known good OS. from 10.6.4 I'll update using combo update then mutlibeast to update the kexts. the install goes great then I reboot and it just hangs at the spinny thing. It doesn't matter if i'm updating my primary drive, or doing a clean install. in verbose, nothing out of the ordinary happens, but it hangs during nvenabler.kext, but I'm not sure if that's was causing the hang or not. That kext does the same thing with 10.6.4. any Ideas?

Griffwill said:
So, I've been having problems upgrading/clean installing 10.6.6. 10.6.4 is last known good OS. from 10.6.4 I'll update using combo update then mutlibeast to update the kexts. the install goes great then I reboot and it just hangs at the spinny thing. It doesn't matter if i'm updating my primary drive, or doing a clean install. in verbose, nothing out of the ordinary happens, but it hangs during nvenabler.kext, but I'm not sure if that's was causing the hang or not. That kext does the same thing with 10.6.4. any Ideas?
you don't need nvenabler. you have graphics enabler = yes in com.apple.boot.plist will take care of it.

that makes sense, but I'm still having a couple of issues. I got rid of the Nvenabler, but it's still trying to load on boot. I can get past this by booting in safe mode or ignoring the boot caches. Also, when I finally get into the OS I'm locked into a 1024x768 resolution. Once I was in the OS I ran kext utility and repaired the permissions. I haven't had the chance to restart yet, so I don't know if that fixed it. I guess it's also worth noting that I don't have an /E/E folder the root directory of my drive, my bootloader and extensions are in my EFI partition.Any way to get full resolution control back without nvenabler?

Thanks for the help.

Griffwill said:
that makes sense, but I'm still having a couple of issues. I got rid of the Nvenabler, but it's still trying to load on boot. I can get past this by booting in safe mode or ignoring the boot caches. Also, when I finally get into the OS I'm locked into a 1024x768 resolution. Once I was in the OS I ran kext utility and repaired the permissions. I haven't had the chance to restart yet, so I don't know if that fixed it. I guess it's also worth noting that I don't have an /E/E folder the root directory of my drive, my bootloader and extensions are in my EFI partition.Any way to get full resolution control back without nvenabler?

Thanks for the help.
If it's still trying to load on boot and you can get by it with -x or -f, then you need to rebuild caches. Run the system utilities in MultiBeast or manually delete the extensions.mkext file from S/L/E and your EFI partition if there is one located there.

so, that did the trick as far as booting. Now I just need the resolution back to normal. I ran the NVIDIA update to see if that would fix things, but it didn't. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back