Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I installed 10.6.5 with iboot 2.5.1. I ran multibeast 2.4 with the DSDT and ran the usual selections. I can boot into OSX with iboot but not without it. It sits at the apple screen and just spins. Any idea? I've been looking at the 40+ page 10.6.5 thread and didn't find anything.

Ideas?

laguna1212 said:
... and ran the usual selections...
Might be an idea to list what your selections were, so people can see what you perhaps left out! And maybe list contents of your /Extra & /Extra/Extensions folder.
Also try verbose boot, see where things bog down.
Could be graphics, or couple of other issues.

I have in the /extra

Evoreboot
fakesmc
IOAHCIblockstorage
LegacyAppleRTC
NullCPUPowerMana

The very last thing on the -v posting is lnx2mac's ethernet driver with a ethernet address. Nothing else is under that.
But a couple of lines up it appears (appleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out.

Aha. So, dont worry about the CPU power time out, it's normal since you are using NullCPUPowerManagement (nice if one day if you can move over to Native Power Management...but that's for another day!).

Unless you are using the latest & greatest Chameleon RC5 (as in latest Multibeast) with support for 5770, then you'll not get any video (or perhaps only VESA mode if booting with -x flag) unless you do more stuff. But you are using it !!
However, I've read others had problems even with Multibeast 2.4 and 5770s.

It might be that Chameleon GraphicsEnabler is using the wrong framebuffer (lost track of which version RC5 is in Multibeast, but some have Motmot); or worst case, your card's device ID is different to the ones supported in Chameleon.

See the Graphics threads on the forum, others needed to change to Vervet, Ukari or Hoolock. Easiest if you use Multibeast to load ATY_init kext. It might just work, else you can probably edit the .plist in that kext in SingleUser (console) mode to change the framebuffer.

Note that AFAIK, ATY_init is only for 32bit (versus Chameleon - when it works - can let your graphics card work when booting 64bit). So also check you are using a 32bit com.apple.Boot.plist from Multibeast.

EIDT: Just noted that you use a DSDT. You should be able to remove NullCPUPowerManagement kext. But one thing at a time!!

wow, I feel kind of retarded. It was ATY_int. I must have forgotten to install it this time around. Boots in no problem, sound is working, graphics are working, everything appears to be running normally. I did a reinstall because I was having app crashing like 90% of the time. Listed here -

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7651

I decided to reinstall all on the same HD instead of installing OSX on 1 drive and setting my account profile to another HD.

Thanks though humph, I just needed that little reminder about the ATY_int. I really do appreciate the long write up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back