Contribute
Register

10.6.4 Evga GTS250 Not Recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should also mention that I tried NVENABLER but got blank screen.

I've got the same issue. I've tried graphicsenabler and the NVEnabler64.kext file. Edited the DSDT, tried the device-properties in my com.apple.Boot.plist file. I've reset each after a failed attempt so I don't think they're messing with each other.

I installed 10.6 and had graphics running just fine, but after the 10.6.4 update I've been stuck at 1024x768. Editing the device properties helped me bump it up to 1280x1024, but my monitor can do 1080p (which I had working before 10.6.4).

I have the 1GB card.

One thing I do recall, in 10.6 in order to get 1080p working I had to edit an NVDAResman.kext (or something) in /S/L/E. I reset that file too when I was trying to make the changes in the DSDT and the device-properties.

Edit: I had switched to 64-bit after/during the 10.6.4 update, I don't know if that mattered or not.

tjsadler said:
I should also mention that I tried NVENABLER but got blank screen.
Try ATY_Init in MultiBeast.

tjsadler said:
Would I remove GraphicsEnabler=Yes?
You would definitely need to remove NVEnabler. As for GraphicsEnabler, I don't know for sure but I don't think so.

tjsadler said:
Would I remove GraphicsEnabler=Yes?

I'm waiting for you to try it first, so make sure you post back ;-)

tjsadler said:
Tried it. No go :banghead: No difference whatsoever

Same thing here. I've tried a couple other things, but I get what looks like 1080p using the installer. I tried using the EFI injection (? I think that's what it's called) using two separate strings--one I created and one someone had posted. My string got me what looked like a 1080p screen (it filled the edge of the screen at least), but it was just blue (sky blue, not BSOD blue) with no evidence that the OS had fully loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back