Motherboard
Biostar i55
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
HD 5770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, i'm from time of mb 2.14 :D with the old method i've installed the sl on my first hackintosh, and it work great, really.. But i want to try the x64 version of the sl.

Someone can help me to don't catch a kernel panic and reinstall everything?

I don't understand the question.

Vendetta said:

me either, after reading it again... I dont know how I understood it first time around :p

I think OP was asking for details on getting the ATI 5770 running with 64 bit injection instead of having to use 32bit.

I'm looking for the same thing.

It is possible to run an ATI 5770 in 64bit mode.

In my case I got it working the following way:
* Download and install Chameleon RC5 (latest trunk)
* Set GraphicsEnabler=Yes (com.apple.Boot.plist)
* Install latest version of Snow Leopard (10.6.4)
* Install graphics update 1.0 (includes the drivers for ATI 5770, 5870)
* Get rid of all injectors in the Extra directory. These are not necessary because the vendor/device id of your card is 1002:68b8 which is recognized by original driver from Apple.
* Set arch=x86_64 (com.apple.Boot.plist)

To test if the kernel is running in 64bit mode open the terminal app and type uname -ra.

Good luck.

jeremydt said:
Vendetta said:

me either, after reading it again... I dont know how I understood it first time around :p

I think OP was asking for details on getting the ATI 5770 running with 64 bit injection instead of having to use 32bit.

I'm looking for the same thing.

I thought I saw that someone around here (I think MacMan) had that same 5770 as you, so you might search around for that. I know he made a thread for the 5xxx cards as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back