Contribute
Register

10.6.3 Wont install

Status
Not open for further replies.
appleweekly5

As to using another SSD ... as the your Current SSD Samsung is on the Buyers Guide... this would mean its the prefered model...

But as you and I see we have some issues when we install w OSX SL...with the files...

Before going down another SSD road (SanDisk) can you locate and old Mechanical HDD.. from an older computer... even one computer that is old or out of order at work... if work has or some sort of IT department maybe you can get one to "play with". You can even entertain the idea of purchasing a used HDD .. I have purchased older SATA 2 Apple HDD from eBAY and they work.. last one i got was about 30.00 for a 500 GB HDD Seagate made for Apple.

As long as the drive interface is SATA and any size will work....

Now we also could have a situation where the DVD Media Drive is having issues w Reading the OSX files during the install ... so this is another avenue that needs to be checked.... its uncommon that they have issues ... either they work or not ... but it could be an intermittent problems..

If you can please post the Brand and model number of your DVD drive...

And the other issue is that our Apple DVD has a problem and could have issues w the drive surface.. Apple has these made by the millions so it could be a bad Apple DVD ... you may need to call Apple and ask for another ....explain you get install errors (read the logs of what you have been posting here) and they should send you another one.... ( don't mention you making a hack,,,,:D )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back