Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Are there new drivers in 10.6.3 to support ATi 5*** series or are we still waiting on Apple to release new hardware?

cheers

erbtype said:
Are there new drivers in 10.6.3 to support ATi 5*** series or are we still waiting on Apple to release new hardware?

cheers

Haven't seen many testers, but at this point- I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened yet :thumbdown:

Yeah, I wish it was here too, but its kinda been a known (since January) via Netkas and some others that 5XXX wouldn't be coming with 10.6.3.

Cheers for the info.

Hopefully Apple will go with the 5*** in the next refresh. Can't see the GTX470/480 meeting Apple's requirements due to the power draw and thermal output (and the noise at load) but you details on the nV4** low/mid range are pretty scarce right now. Personally I think ATi are a better fit right now.

@Jocelyn84
Same mobo/cpu here, nice kit IMO. First Intel build I've done, always had AMD aside from the G3/G4/G5s I've had in the past. Sorry to go OT but I see yours is liquid (the H50). How did you find the install? Still got the stock on here which I'm looking to replace at some point.

cheers

erbtype said:
Cheers for the info.

Hopefully Apple will go with the 5*** in the next refresh. Can't see the GTX470/480 meeting Apple's requirements due to the power draw and thermal output (and the noise at load) but you details on the nV4** low/mid range are pretty scarce right now. Personally I think ATi are a better fit right now.

@Jocelyn84
Same mobo/cpu here, nice kit IMO. First Intel build I've done, always had AMD aside from the G3/G4/G5s I've had in the past. Sorry to go OT but I see yours is liquid (the H50). How did you find the install? Still got the stock on here which I'm looking to replace at some point.

cheers

June for low/midrange http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/18243/34/

It's your thread, you can go off topic lol!
I <3 my setup, especially the i5 750 and UD4P, but I'm really looking for an OSx86 compatible X58 (preferably Gigabyte) board with 1-2 open slots between dual GPU's. The H50 is probably one of the easiest coolers to install, assuming you have a hole in your case for the back-plate or haven't installed your system yet (Thats any aftermarket cooler though lol). It cools very well and if you can find a deal for $50-$60, I'd grab one.
BTW, what kind of case do you have? Here's my mine XD

dscf0056t.jpg

dscf0057x.jpg

dscf0058o.jpg

Very nice, cheers for the info.. My case has seen a few builds over the years, probably a bit outdated now, but it's a Coolermaster ATC-110.

Not my pic as I have none to hand...

1032978087.jpg

cheers

I really like that case. It has a minimalist look as well. :)

Damnit. Was REALLY hoping to put OSX back on since I got my 5850.

HURRY UP APPLE! :crazy:

Digikid said:
Damnit. Was REALLY hoping to put OSX back on since I got my 5850.

HURRY UP APPLE! :crazy:

I Also hoped that in OSX 10.6.3 the Ati Radeon 5700 series was supported.
Recently I bought a new Motherboard (GA-P55-UD7), CoreI7 and new GPU (Ati Radeon 5750)...

I hope Apple will embed it soon in their updates. Until now still using Win7 alas :silent: :silent: :silent:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back