Contribute
Register

10.6.3 and UD2M (888b), which kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same question here.... :think:

Tony has quoted about this I think....

"Audio- 888/888B/889

The good news is that 889a is supported natively now. Bad news is that we'll have to come up with a better solution for these 3 codecs. The 10.6.3 update will break the current audio solution for LegacyHDA + DSDT for ALC 888/888b/889. The temporary fix is to install the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext. Your system will work exactly as before. I've rolled up a package installer that will do the job automatically.

Public/10.6.2-AppleHDAInstaller.zip "

aph1982 said:
Tony has quoted about this I think....

"Audio- 888/888B/889

The good news is that 889a is supported natively now. Bad news is that we'll have to come up with a better solution for these 3 codecs. The 10.6.3 update will break the current audio solution for LegacyHDA + DSDT for ALC 888/888b/889. The temporary fix is to install the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext. Your system will work exactly as before. I've rolled up a package installer that will do the job automatically.

Public/10.6.2-AppleHDAInstaller.zip "

But with this kext in S/L/E it's not working for me!
Do i need one in E/E?
Do i need something in DSDT?

you need both the 888b kext and the 10.6.2 applehda kext :)

Ok, that's what i did.

I installed the old kext from Tonys installer it from the other HD.
It seems that it was not installed correctly.
Now i did it from the original HD and it's fine. :)

OK solved also.

Kexts used are:

AppleHDA (from 10.6.2) in S/L/E
LegacyHDA in E/E

Edited with right kext in E/E

javimdq said:
OK solved also.

Kexts used are:

AppleHDA (from 10.6.2) in S/L/E
LegacyHDA in E/E

Edited with right kext in E/E

I'm doing this but no luck. Which exact version of both of these kexts are you using?

Thanks
jeff

I'm running 10.6.3 and so I ran the installer mentioned above. I already had the LegacyHDA in E/E. After rebooting, the System Preference Sound output says "No output devices found". However, in my System Profiler, it lists two Intel High Definition Audio items, Device ID: 0x1458A002 and Device ID: 0x14622011, both with and "Audio ID: 12" value.

Any suggestions?

:mrgreen: To all UD2 peeps- :mrgreen:

Use the LegacyHDA.kext for 888b found in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=870

And the 10.6.2 AppleHDA installer here:
Public/10.6.2-AppleHDAInstaller.zip

And the newest GA-P55M-UD2 F8 DSDT in MultiBeast. Or in my signature. And you should have sound! ;)

Also, VoodooHDA is working with the 10.6.3 AppleHDA- for people who don't want to roll back kexts. :ugeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back