Contribute
Register

10.14.5 Update Stalls on "End Randomseed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
just wanted to add, this also fixed the issue for me, this solution should get pinned or something

Good to hear that. Special thanks to PMHeart !

Hello,
I am having the same problem. I have been searching for a while now, and this solution seems the first thing that might actually help me.
But how do I add a kernel patch and where do I do it?

Hello,
I am having the same problem. I have been searching for a while now, and this solution seems the first thing that might actually help me.
But how do I add a kernel patch and where do I do it?
This goes in your config.plist file in your Clover EFI partition. You can alternatively use Clover Configurator if you’re not comfortable editing the file directly.

This goes in your config.plist file in your Clover EFI partition. You can alternatively use Clover Configurator if you’re not comfortable editing the file directly.

Thanks for the answer!
I have read a bit about clover configurator and the config.plist by now, but I can't say that I really understand it.
How exactly do I add this?
I would guess under Kernel And Kext Patches -> KernelToPatch, but then what?
How do I add this text?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my stupidtiy

Thanks for the answer!
I have read a bit about clover configurator and the config.plist by now, but I can't say that I really understand it.
How exactly do I add this?
I would guess under Kernel And Kext Patches -> KernelToPatch, but then what?
How do I add this text?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my stupidtiy
You are correct. You should see a plus arrow there with options to enter text in a new row. You should then copy paste the text from the OP into the relevant fields.

Always keep a back up copy of your config.plist in case something goes wrong.

You are correct. You should see a plus arrow there with options to enter text in a new row. You should then copy paste the text from the OP into the relevant fields.

Always keep a back up copy of your config.plist in case something goes wrong.

Yeah, but in which of the fields do I enter the text?
Or do I split the text up into different fields? If so, which part goes into which part?

EDIT:
nvm, figured it out. Thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone with Gigabyte x99 board who managed to update to 10.14.5/10.14.6 without a problem? thx
The solution here ( #8 ) fixes it for 10.14.5. Not sure about 10.14.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back