Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkPad X20-(Clover
CPU
i5-540M
Graphics
HD
Hello,

I have updated my perfectly working installation of Mojave to 10.14.4 yesterday. Up to that point (10.14.3 and prior) I was still able to use the DSDT modifications + Intel HD Graphics kexts (10.12). I can still boot without the kexts or a FakeID but obviously without QE/CI. Most likely not too many people are still using a laptop with 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics but I figured I would still ask if anyone has a solution for this problem?

Thanks.

Hello,

I have updated my perfectly working installation of Mojave to 10.14.4 yesterday. Up to that point (10.14.3 and prior) I was still able to use the DSDT modifications + Intel HD Graphics kexts (10.12). I can still boot without the kexts or a FakeID but obviously without QE/CI. Most likely not too many people are still using a laptop with 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics but I figured I would still ask if anyone has a solution for this problem?

Thanks.
assume Arrandale?

if this doesn't work anymore:
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

then maybe a laptop upgrade? or go back to previous versions of macOS

Correct and I guess I should have read the last comments in that thread first. Looks like there is already a workaround. :) Applied the "GPUSupport.framework" and "OpenGL.framework" from 10.14.3 and I am back in business! Not giving up on my old Lenovo just yet. ;)

Thanks!

Correct and I guess I should have read the last comments in that thread first. Looks like there is already a workaround. :) Applied the "GPUSupport.framework" and "OpenGL.framework" from 10.14.3 and I am back in business! Not giving up on my old Lenovo just yet. ;)

Thanks!
fantastic! glad you got that working :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back