Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H270-WiFi
CPU
Intel I5-7500
Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 low-profile
I have a separate hard drive on my system with a fresh install of Mojave on it. Everything works on it except the Nvidia card so I'm just prepping an installation in the hopes that if/when the drivers arrive, I can just install them and start using it.

I have two other hard drives in my system with High Sierra installed on them. Each drive has it's own boot loader.

Yesterday I booted on the Mojave drive for the purposes of installing the 10.14.1 system patch. The installation runs fine and I am prompted to restart. When the system restarts it's as if the installation never happened. The update does not install and upon logging back in I'm asked to do the update again. I have re-run the installation many times and always get the same result.

I can confirm that the system is booting from the correct drive and Clover (version 4359) is launching the correct version of MacOS.

Does anyone know why this patch won't install?

Update 1: Updated Clover bootloader to version 4722. Now I know how to replace the drivers Clover moves when updating the bootloader.

Update 2: Couldn't figure out why Clover always wanted to boot into the Preboot setting. I think now I know. That's how the update installs. Update appears to be installing now. Lesson learned.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I was trying to figure out why my update wasn't installing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back