Contribute
Register

10.13 CPU Boot Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, to do that you will need drivers.
Is there a way to hack the Nvidia driver in for 10.13 beta 2 (build 17a)? Perhaps with Nvenabler? Or is there a way to force the generic driver to 4k Rez or 2048 x 1440? Currently it only allows 1024x768.

Appreciate your help!

Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 11.30.46 PM.png

Is there a way to hack the Nvidia driver in for 10.13 beta 2 (build 17a)? Perhaps with Nvenabler? Or is there a way to force the generic driver to 4k Rez or 2048 x 1440? Currently it only allows 1024x768.

I wouldn't waste time trying with Beta software. I would wait for the final release before trying anything like that.

I seem to have the same error. I included a screenshot. This is on Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H. Latest Clover and FakeSMC from Rehabman being used. SMBIOS iMac 14,2.
Got the same board. Ga-Z87x-ud5h. You can either drop mats, include a mats.aml file to overwrite your tables, or do like I did mod your bios mats table for a permanent fix!

Yikes that sounds a bit extreme.

Surprised Nvidia is not on top of drivers for OSX given its massive cash flow, and relationship with Apple over the years. Tons of apple users are using Nvidia cards across the globe. Also surprised apple does not have an in-house Nvidia kext developer to keep up with latest, and greatest macOS...etc? This way they can have an inhouse generic driver that works with fairly recent Nvidia cards...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back