CPU
i7-3960K OC'd 4.2GHz
Graphics
GTX 670
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ok, long time hacker - have been running my hackintosh since mountain lion on the same machine. usually i have no big issues when upgrading, but i have a new problem that is perplexing me. i just downloaded the 10.13.3 combo update. when i install the combo and it reboots, my clover does not see the "mac os install" partition. it goes straight back into my MacHD and gives me a message "Updates not installed" which makes sense because i can't boot from the install partition. any ideas as to why all of a sudden my setup doesn't see the install partition? I can provide logs of my boot - but there is nothing out of the ordinary in them. It just simply won't see and/or won't create the install partition. it doesn't show up in my clover boot menu. its probably something simple that i'm overlooking but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
the_greenhorn

Ditto. On my Hack same situation. I am trying now to update via the App Store ..

ok, long time hacker - have been running my hackintosh since mountain lion on the same machine. usually i have no big issues when upgrading, but i have a new problem that is perplexing me. i just downloaded the 10.13.3 combo update. when i install the combo and it reboots, my clover does not see the "mac os install" partition. it goes straight back into my MacHD and gives me a message "Updates not installed" which makes sense because i can't boot from the install partition. any ideas as to why all of a sudden my setup doesn't see the install partition? I can provide logs of my boot - but there is nothing out of the ordinary in them. It just simply won't see and/or won't create the install partition. it doesn't show up in my clover boot menu. its probably something simple that i'm overlooking but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
the_greenhorn

• What is your current OS version before you tried to use 10.13.3 combo update?
  • What version of Clover is in the current system?
  • What APFS.EFI did you install in Clover before trying the update?

Thanks,
the_greenhorn

The update via the App Store took some time but did what it is supposed to do. Why the Combo Update did not work I do not know ...

• What is your current OS version before you tried to use 10.13.3 combo update?
  • What version of Clover is in the current system?
  • What APFS.EFI did you install in Clover before trying the update?
I'm currently running (with no issues) 10.13.2
Clover is r4359
and to be honest i don't know what version of APFS.EFI i put in drivers64UEFI folder, i grabbed the one that is in this link https://www.tonymacx86.com/tmx/apfs.efi off of the "update directly to high sierra" - i'll check on that and get back to you

I'm currently running (with no issues) 10.13.2
Clover is r4359
and to be honest i don't know what version of APFS.EFI i put in drivers64UEFI folder, i grabbed the one that is in this link https://www.tonymacx86.com/tmx/apfs.efi off of the "update directly to high sierra" - i'll check on that and get back to you

I should also mention that the original high sierra upgrade did NOT convert my RAID0 SSDs to APFS even though i put the APFS.EFI driver in the drivers64UEFI folder. because its software raid - i'm assuming that the install could not / would not convert to APFS probably for the same reason that i don't have a recovery partition on my raided SSDs.

Same issue, when you say - via the app store, do you mean use the high sierra full OS download?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back