Motherboard
DELL XPS 8700
CPU
Intel Core i7-4700
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GTX 960 SSC 4GB
Hi all,

Moving this question here from the 10.12.3 update thread:

I ran the 10.12.3 update and it worked fine except my graphics. When I went into the Cpanel it said the current OS didn't support the web driver. However following this post from Marcus:

Meanwhile you can set the NVDARequiredOS tag in the /S/L/E/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist to 16D32. Reboot.
Works like a charm.

I gave this a shot. my kext has been updated and when I go to the Nvidia driver control panel it definitely now even shows "Nvidia web Driver" selected. However, I'm seeing in my About This Mac seeing "Display 7 MB" as my graphics card.

I'm running Clover Mac 14,2 with a GTX960. I have updated NVDARequireOS tag in the above kext to 16D32 and clover settings are enabled for WebDrivers. My system is based on an XPS 8700 so it does have the Intel integrated graphics, but this was never an issue in the past plus monitor is running off the GFX card.

Per another thread I tried to run: "sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel"
I get the following error:

Invalid signature -67030 for kext <OSKext 0x7fb4e9313590 [0x7fff90cb3d80]> { URL = "NVDAStartupWeb.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.nvidia.NVDAStartupWeb" }

KernelCache ID: 2CF7D6C1D60FA959A5B55F9FF9B1BE80

I have SIP disabled CSR settings set to 0x68 which should allow me to do this. Not sure why I'm getting the Invalid signature.

Any ideas? Not sure how to diagnose.

Update:

FYI I'm running NVDIA Web Driver 367.15.10.25f01

You are getting the invalid signature because... the signature is invalid, that is normal. I would suggest you wait for the drivers to be released, you shouldn't have updated until the new driver is out.

This is typical. Always hold off .1 updates until nVidia releases a new update. Even security updates break nVidia drivers.

I updated NVDARequireOS tag in the NVDAStartupWeb kext to 16D32 and then ran Kext Utility 2.66 (http://cvad-mac.narod.ru/index/0-4) to fix permissions and all is good :)

System is a Z170 Pro Gaming with GTX970.

Hi all thanks for the feedback.

I was able to get this issue resolved.

1) Disable CSR/SIP to 0x67. You can do this a couple of ways, I did it from Clover Configurator: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-cant-disable-sip-el-capitan.176151/

2) Next, edited the kext file. Some are having issues finding the file because of the short hand /S/L/E. The full path is "/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist"

I used vi as my editor but you can use your favorite:
Code:
sudo vi /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist

3) In the file I changed the value associated with NVDARequireOS to 16D32 and it should look like this after the change:
Code:
<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>16D32</string>

4) Save and exit.

5) Next I ran the following command (reference: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...5-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/page-22):
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
This resulted in an output that included a seemingly problametic message but per others on this site, I learned that this was ok. Output message was:

Code:
Invalid signature -67030 for kext <OSKext 0x7fb4e9313590 [0x7fff90cb3d80]> { URL = "NVDAStartupWeb.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.nvidia.NVDAStartupWeb" }
Ignore this message, its ok.

6) Run the following command:
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-caches

It does not output anything but thats ok.

7) Reboot

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back