Contribute
Register

10.11 BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext pairing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check in System Information -> Bluetooth to see if the firmware loaded as expected.
Attach the text you see there.
Compare with firmware version when you:
- cold boot into windows
- restart into OS X

Keep in mind handoff is not reliable on hacks/non-Apple BT controllers.

Note: I think your device might have built-in firmware (based on BT.png you provided). But you will know more when you compare firmware version loaded on Windows vs. OS X (eg. cold boot into OS X and you'll get firmware load from BrcmPatchRAM, but cold boot to Windows followed by restart to OS X, you get firmware load from Windows).

You should also check the kernel logs from BrcmPatchRAM (in both cold boot and warm boot after windows).
Just a few quick questions, what is the best adapter for Handoff? Because I followed this guide and they said that we should get the BCM94360CD (which I have). What could be affecting Handoff besides the PCIe x1 Adapter and the Apple Genuine 4390CD? I noticed a phenomenon where I can get macOS to show Handoff in the dock when I turn on BT Descovery (by leaving the SysPrefs>BT window open).

Additionally, macOS claims this adapter is the BCM20702A0 in SysReport>USB, but in SysReport>BT it says it is a BCM20702B0. Weird. (Look at the attachments from post #94)

I think since the WiFi and Bluetooth are sharing the same chip and macOS wants to make the WiFi sleep when not in use, the bluetooth is also put in sleep mode in the process. That's why I get all of the "Timeouts" and "Device Lost" errors in the log when overseeing the handoff process. Is there a way to make the WiFi "never go to sleep" or something of that nature?

Last edited:
Just a few quick questions, what is the best adapter for Handoff?

Genuine Apple BT/WiFi hardware using an adapter.

Additionally, macOS claims this adapter is the BCM20702A0 in SysReport>USB, but in SysReport>BT it says it is a BCM20702B0. Weird. (Look at the attachments from post #94)

Firmware file is BCM20702B0_
USB descriptor is probably different from the name coded into the firmware.

I think since the WiFi and Bluetooth are sharing the same chip and macOS wants to make the WiFi sleep when not in use, the bluetooth is also put in sleep mode in the process. That's why I get all of the "Timeouts" and "Device Lost" errors in the log when overseeing the handoff process. Is there a way to make the WiFi "never go to sleep" or something of that nature?

No experience with your hardware, therefore no idea.

Check in System Information -> Bluetooth to see if the firmware loaded as expected.
Attach the text you see there.
Compare with firmware version when you:
- cold boot into windows
- restart into OS X

Keep in mind handoff is not reliable on hacks/non-Apple BT controllers.

Note: I think your device might have built-in firmware (based on BT.png you provided). But you will know more when you compare firmware version loaded on Windows vs. OS X (eg. cold boot into OS X and you'll get firmware load from BrcmPatchRAM, but cold boot to Windows followed by restart to OS X, you get firmware load from Windows).

You should also check the kernel logs from BrcmPatchRAM (in both cold boot and warm boot after windows).
Okay thanks. So I’ll do more research and get a different PCIe Adapter

Genuine Apple BT/WiFi hardware using an adapter.

Firmware file is BCM20702B0_
USB descriptor is probably different from the name coded into the firmware.

No experience with your hardware, therefore no idea.
I hate to revive an old thread like this. However, handoff from iOS > macOS does not work at all. I know it is unreliable on hackintoshs, but I have purchased a native Apple BT+WiFI Combo card (4630CD). Handoff will only work once on Mac sign in, or when I turn handoff on/off in settings, but it will never work otherwise. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

I hate to revive an old thread like this. However, handoff from iOS > macOS does not work at all. I know it is unreliable on hackintoshs, but I have purchased a native Apple BT+WiFI Combo card (4630CD). Handoff will only work once on Mac sign in, or when I turn handoff on/off in settings, but it will never work otherwise. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

You installed this WiFi card (4360CD) in your laptop?

You installed this WiFi card (4360CD) in your laptop?
My Desktop with a PCI-e 1x Adapter. Both Bluetooth and WiFi work great along with AirDrop, and Phone calls. The only thing I cannot get working is App Handoff from iOS > macOS

My Desktop with a PCI-e 1x Adapter. Both Bluetooth and WiFi work great along with AirDrop, and Phone calls. The only thing I cannot get working is App Handoff from iOS > macOS

You are posting in the laptop forums.
Desktop questions/comments are off-topic in the laptop section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back