Contribute
Register

10.11 BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext pairing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solved,

I just removed brcmpatchram2 and Bcrmfirmwarerepo.kexts and now i am using only Brcmbluetoothinjector.kext my bluetooth device is supported and work perfect.

Thank you Rehabman a lot for this forum and for your hard work...

Solved,

I just removed brcmpatchram2 and Bcrmfirmwarerepo.kexts and now i am using only Brcmbluetoothinjector.kext my bluetooth device is supported and work perfect.

Thank you Rehabman a lot for this forum and for your hard work...

Sounds like your issue was that you had both the BrcmPatchRAM kexts and BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext installed. BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext will interfere with BrcmPatchRAM[2].kext.

Read the README carefully: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Hi rehabman,

i am just confused now, because it was working for me fine only until system restart. Trust me, i had read README carefully. I know, that I can use only injector or patch ram but not both together. Yesterday i went back to yosemite with backup on my home server. Bluetooth was working fine, so i tried again update to el capitan. After update everything has worked except audio and bluetooth. After rebuilded cache repaired permissions and restart audio started work again. Until now I did not used PBI CE, i just tried put a brcmbluetoothinjector to S/L/E folder. Bluetooth icon is now showed and it looks that bluetooth is working but I can't pair to any device. I think that my problem is same with loppol but I just don't have other combo card. I see that right now i am using old firmware version.

So please is there anything what do you suggest to try?

Attachments

• bluetooth.png
    bluetooth.png
    176.7 KB · Views: 155
  • bluetooth2.png
    bluetooth2.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 141
I did update of win bluetooth drivers from your link and had brcmfirmwarerepo on S/L/E folder. Now my firmware version on mac is v14 c5575. I am able now connect to bluetooth devices but the audio has some lags. BTW still i am using brcmbluetoothinjector instead of brcmpatchram2.

Edit:

I will stay probably with yosemite for a while and will try do a clean install of el capitan later...

Only one more thing that I found and i think might be interesting.

The lags are happened only when I am listening or watching movies, music thru wireless network. I copied movie from server to my internal hdd and lags disappeared.

Any ideas?

May wifi signal interfere bluetooth signal?

I did update of win bluetooth drivers from your link and had brcmfirmwarerepo on S/L/E folder. Now my firmware version on mac is v14 c5575. I am able now connect to bluetooth devices but the audio has some lags. BTW still i am using brcmbluetoothinjector instead of brcmpatchram2.

Edit:

I will stay probably with yosemite for a while and will try do a clean install of el capitan later...

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext has no effect without BrcmPatchRAM2.kext (or BrcmPatchRAM.kext on 10.10).

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext should not be used when using BrcmPatchRAM2.kext.

Read the README carefully.

Could be some other issue with your setup (power management?)

Or could be an issue with the specific device you have connected via BT.

Or an audio setup problem (already mentioned AppleHDA vs VoodooHDA).

Or something inherent in OS X (test on a real Mac with the same device).

I found that the usb port for the BT is different between 10.10 and 10.11.
on 10.10, it is on usb2 but it is recognised as usb3 on 10.11

I'm still thinking the problem is caused by my usb setting since it's changed a lot on 10.11.
i test my speaker with my rmbp and I also used my speaker on the 10.10 (audio driver is voodoohda )before, the speaker is working without lag.

thanks~

QQ20151005-2.png

I found that the usb port for the BT is different between 10.10 and 10.11.
on 10.10, it is on usb2 but it is recognised as usb3 on 10.11

HS07 is USB2 on XHCI. You can use FakePCIID_XHCIMux to force USB2 on XHCI to EHCI.

The difference is that in 10.11, the USB drivers initialize PR2 (XHCI register for USB2 routing) to keep USB2 on XHCI instead of relying/keeping the current setting (set by BIOS/DSDT).

Hi RehabMan !

I have BCM94360CD combo card
That is corrently recognized in el capitan wifi and bluetooth
bluetooth working with apple keyboard
I have handoff an mac an

but Handoff not working (not pair with iPhone, iPad)
any Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back