Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
A few weeks ago I successfully upgraded from Yosemite to El Capitan 10.11.3.
For the longest time I've used Chameleon and have had little to no trouble with it. I had attempted installing Yosemite using Clover when Yosemite was first available, but that threw tons of errors at me and it seems it's back to haunt me again now that everything seems to be moving only in Clover's direction for El Capitan.

- Initially, was able to boot into computer without any issues using Clover
- After a while, after I tried restarting the computer/shutting down and rebooting, my hackintosh started hanging on "Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line XXXX" (insert random numbers in "XXXX")
- Error screenshots attached

What I've attempted:
- installed NVIDIA driver for 10.11.3 available at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...river-updates-for-el-capitan-update-03222016/ and restarted, no change
- tried nv_disable=1 bootflag, no change
- turned Virtualization Technology on and off in BIOS, no change
- even tried rebooting using Unibeast bootloader usb for Yosemite into my El Capitan startup disk, no change

What I've gathered:
- The "Sound assertion" reference is a red herring? The true error is that something in the GPU is not working properly
- Most of the time I seem to run into this "Sound assertion" hang after realizing my video input is no longer working (webcam), it won't even charge (checked all the ports with other devices and had no problems connecting/recognizing those devices; it's only an issue with cameras/even changed multiple cameras for test)

The only way I've been able to get back in is by using system restore on my Yosemite bootloader.

Any ideas would be awesome. I've been searching everywhere for any solution to this, and so far I'm surprised I haven't been able to find a single useful clue.

Thanks.

My Build: GA-Z68X-UD3H - Intel Core i7 - Gigabyte Radeon HD6780

Attachments

• 2016-04-14-Hackintosh-ElCap-SoundAssertionError.jpg
    2016-04-14-Hackintosh-ElCap-SoundAssertionError.jpg
    813.3 KB · Views: 1,380
  • 2016-04-14-Hackintosh-ElCap-SoundAssertionError2.jpg
    2016-04-14-Hackintosh-ElCap-SoundAssertionError2.jpg
    730.3 KB · Views: 1,207
It looks like you might have a Serial port enabled - If so, disable it in your BIOS settings.

Waiting for DSMOS without a corresponding DSMOS has arrived implies that FakeSMC.kext is missing or not loaded.

If you have the ATI Radeon HD6870 listed in your profile then you do not need the Nvidia web drivers.

I attempted to re-install the bootloader using MultiBeast, but ran into "The installation failed" error:
"The Installer encountered an error that caused the software to fail. Check the MultiBeast.log Install log for more details."

I could not find where this "MultiBeast.log Install log" is, but I did find "MultiBeast.log".

MultiBeast.log shows:

05/25/16 18:27:49 - Starting MultiBeast 8.0.1-20151119
05/25/16 18:28:54 - Failed to find node with path 'Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional HD 4600 HDMI Audio'
05/25/16 18:28:55 - Failed to find node with path 'Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional HD 4600 HDMI Audio'
05/25/16 18:29:20 - Failed to find node with path 'Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional HD 4600 HDMI Audio'
05/25/16 18:29:27 - Failed to find node with path 'Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional HD 4600 HDMI Audio'
05/25/16 18:30:00 - Installing 'Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3320 Legacy Boot Mode'
05/25/16 18:30:15 - Install of 'Clover_v2.3k_r3320-Legacy.pkg' failed.
'installer: Package name is Clover v2.3k r3320 EFI bootloader
installer: Upgrading at base path /
installer: The upgrade failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
'. Exiting.

Not sure how else to check that FakeSMC is properly installed. I had it in my last config that I backed up, but an attempt to reinstall resulted in the above error.

Any ideas?

Hey there I'm having the same issue, although with an 290x graphics card. I read through the multibeast log and it seams that there is indeed a problem with the sound driver.
What I noticed next is that you try to install clover using the legacy mode- is that what you pursued?

When setting the -x Option (safe mode) in Clover boot options I can boot just fine, although without graphics acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back