Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disable your serial and Parallel ports in BIOS.

I Disable this option, but didn't work

I make this bios setup, and didn't work to.

Fast Boot: Disabled
Windows 8/10 Fatures: Other OS
LAN PXE Boot Option ROM: Disabled
Storage Boot Options Control: UEFI Only
Network Stack: Disabled
In Peripherals:
Intel Platform Trust Technology: Disabled
Initial Display Output: PCIe 1 Slot (Or whatever slot your GFX is in)
Legacy USB Support: Enabled
XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
In Super IO Configuration:
Serial Port 1: Disabled
VT-d: Disabled
Internal Graphics: enabled
Audio Controller: Enabled
Audio DSP: Disabled
PCH LAN Controller: Enabled (If using on-board LAN)
IOAPIC 24-119 Entries : disabled

but this option "
IOAPIC 24-119 Entries : disabled" I didn't found in my bios

This guide worked very well for me in my Asus Z170-P and skylake i5. Thanks!

However, the graphical glitches and lack of Ethernet make the system very difficult to use.

Is there any expected improvements on the HD 530 Integrated Graphics support?
I just want to know on what is a better support depending on? What is exactly the problem? Better skylake support of Mac OS?

Hi, I also have the Z170-P, and am struggling with installing my system. Can you offer any advice/help?

I've never installed a hackintosh before...

When can we get an updated version of this guide? I am looking forward to it!

Really, it's super simple with the new unibeast and multibeast. I had problems before but I used the updated utilities and everything was smooth didn't need to do any of those config workarounds. I'd just go and try it out... if you've tried before and failed like I did with this first guide, you might have some success with the new utilities.

Really, it's super simple with the new unibeast and multibeast. I had problems before but I used the updated utilities and everything was smooth didn't need to do any of those config workarounds. I'd just go and try it out... if you've tried before and failed like I did with this first guide, you might have some success with the new utilities.
+1, BretGram. :thumbup:

Hey all, total noob here and trying to figure this out. I have OS X installed on a usb drive and am trying to figure out where to copy the usbinjectall.kext and config.plist. Do I do all this after I have already installed OS X?

Hey all, total noob here and trying to figure this out. I have OS X installed on a usb drive and am trying to figure out where to copy the usbinjectall.kext and config.plist. Do I do all this after I have already installed OS X?
Are you talking about a UniBeast Installation USB thumb drive, or did you install OS X on an external USB hard drive? If the latter, what installation method did you use?

Hi I just tried to install El Capitan 10.11.4 on my:
Asus Maximux VIII Hero
AMD r9 280X

Using:
Multibeast 8.2.1
Unibeast 6.2.0

It's up and running but
Audio is not working, 100 Series audio
Network is not working, AppleIntelE1000e v3.3.3

I used Multibeast to install the drivers.

Second time I installed El Capitan the:

Increase Max Port Limit script fails.

Any Ideas what I can do?

Hi Guys, I recently got a skylake build but can't figure out how to perfect sleep, everything else works perfectly including usb 3, network, graphics.

My specs are:
i7 6700k
Z170X-UD5-TH
16GB 2800Mhz G Skill ripsaws v ram
970GTX 4GB card
Samsung 256GB nvme m.2 card

Bios settings:
Win 8-10 WHQL, CSM Disabled gives me full resolution at boot
vt-d enabled - dart=0 takes care of that
IOAPIC 24-119 disabled - not needed but disabled Skylake APIC patch takes care of this
Disabled wake on lan - helped to fix usb keyboard / mouse not waking up after sleep
XMP profile 1 which enables my 2800mhz ram - XMP Yes in clover too

Clover:
nada_drv=1 for the 970GTX
dart=0 to take care of the vt-d
darkwake=8 tried nothing, 0 and 10
Shutdown fix - allows my computer to shutdown without a reboot
i7 6700k SSDT that I found on this forum
Z170x-ud5 th usb 3 ssdt that I found here too
smbios tired iMac 17,1 and 6,1 no difference just iMac throttles the CPU a lot higher than the Mac Pro
USB 15 - 30 patch
Skyline APIC patch
Rename HDAS to HDEF patch with Clover ALC audio patch to enable ALC1150

kexts in Clover EFI Kexts Other folder:
fakesmc
AppleIntelE1000e for the new i-219 v port
USBinjectall
Nvmegeneric for the m.2 ssd

I have followed all the guides 100%, including the bios settings, and no matter what after I wake up from sleep my system is extremely slow and unusable to the point that i'm forced to reboot it. disabling wake on lan in the bios fixed the usb keyboard and mouse not waking back up after sleep. The system goes to sleep perfectly and power nap works just the problems begin once I wake it up.

Would greatly appreciate if you could explain how you got your board working with sleep.

Many thanks in advance,
Robert

Did you ever get the performance slow down after wake from sleep figured out? I have the same issue and would be very grateful to know how you did it.

I didn't even need to worry about this with the newest utilities that came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back