Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylake Starter Guide

I have Asus Z170-Deluxe and 6700K.

Only way to get working USB drive is -> Unibeast -> open config.plist to TextEdit.app -> copy IOAPIC fix under <key>KextsToPatch<key> close file.

Remember turn Motherboard clock right time. This is important.

Can you please share your complete working clover file?

Skylake Starter Guide

You have the external icons patch in there twice... I wouldn't have thought that would cause a crash, but it's worth clearing up.

So I rebuilt the config.plist from the ground up and it's still giving me problems. I think it's something that I messed up in multibeast. I'm going to start over and I may try the "Alternative Post-Install" method instead.

Skylake Starter Guide

Can you please share your complete working clover file?

This is whole Clover folder. Maybe You need remove USB fix, with is made for Z170-Deluxe (not all usb yet).

I have still problem with Sound, Bluetooth and graphic. I need buy dedicated graphics card and hope that fix graphics and bluetooth. Sound is still problem, but maybe working fix coming soon.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 102
Skylake Starter Guide

So I completed another install from the ground up today. I had much better luck using the clover installer, then just using multibeast for some kexts.

I still seem to run into problems with the graphic card. I'm running an EVGA 980ti. I've installed the web drivers, changed the plist.config boot flags, even edited the graphics kext according to Pike's blog. It still puts the monitor to sleep on boot.

I've played with it so many times, I somehow corrupted the system cache and so I'll have to start over again tomorrow. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this one?

@ammulder so far your guides have solved all the issues i've run into... except for this one. Any ideas?

Skylake Starter Guide

What exactly did you select in MultiBeast?

I think it may be a problem with the FakeSMC Plugins.

Try rebooting to the recovery disk, run Terminal from the utils menu, go to /Volumes/YourSystemDisk/Library/Extensions and rm -rf *Sensors.kext

Then kextcache -Boot -U /Volumes/YourSystemDisk

Then restart from the Apple menu.

Skylake Starter Guide

This is definitely sensors kexts. I had the same troubles. Don't know how to make them work for now.

Skylake Starter Guide

Spent the past 18 hours getting 10.11.2 running on my new Skylake build. Web drivers and all, I'm very impressed by your work, and I thank you for your dedication. :thumbup:

CPU: i5-6600K
Mobo: ASUS Z170-A
GPU: EVGA 980 Ti SC

Only thing I haven't gotten working just yet is USB 3.0 devices. :confused: My USB 2.0 keyboard is recognized as well as operational while in a USB 3.0 port, but my 4TB WD My Book Studio is nowhere to be found as it's a USB 3.0 device.

:!: On that note, it's worth mentioning that I didn't press through the whole length of Step 7, because I've been prioritizing OS install and NVIDIA Web Drivers first. I'll check it out tomorrow.

If anyone with the Z170-A needs help, I've got you covered.

Again, many thanks to all of you in this thread. You rock for making this happen. :headbang:

EDIT: I just now realized as I opened IORegistryExplorer that my USB 3.0 HDD wouldn't work because I had it connected through my USB 3.1 Type-A port. :idea: As soon as I connected it through the standard USB 3.0 port, below the USB 3.1 Type-A, it was immediately recognized. Time Machine is working flawlessly.

Last edited:
Skylake Starter Guide

Spent the past 18 hours getting 10.11.2 running on my new Skylake build. Web drivers and all, I'm very impressed by your work, and I thank you for your dedication. :thumbup:

Only thing I haven't gotten working just yet is USB 3.0 devices. :confused: My USB 2.0 keyboard is recognized as well as operational while in a USB 3.0 port, but my 4TB WD My Book Studio is nowhere to be found as it's a USB 3.0 device.

:!: On that note, it's worth mentioning that I didn't press through the whole length of Step 7, because I've been prioritizing OS install and NVIDIA Web Drivers first. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Again, many thanks to all of you in this thread. You rock for making this happen. :headbang:

Hello :wave:

I just build an Asus Z170-A with i5-6600k and 8gigs single dimm RAM (future upgrade to dual channel) without GPU for the time being(so only intel hd 530). I would love to hear if you will succeed in the USB 3.0 matter, and tell me if it is stable enough, for me to start trying it.

Thank you in advance! :D

Skylake Starter Guide

Wow .. Congrats .. could you please post your complete Clover file ?

I have the same exact board and processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back