Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylake Starter Guide

If you don't own a Mac, what you should do is buy a copy of Snow Leopard and use iBoot to install it to your hackintosh and MultiBeast to enable the Ethernet port (sorry, use the Ethernet kext linked in the first post), then download El Capitan from the App Store and make your USB install drive with UniBeast.

Skylake Starter Guide

If you don't own a Mac, what you should do is buy a copy of Snow Leopard and use iBoot to install it to your hackintosh and MultiBeast to enable the Ethernet port (sorry, use the Ethernet kext linked in the first post), then download El Capitan from the App Store and make your USB install drive with UniBeast.

But will it work on my system? I have a skylake cpu.

Skylake Starter Guide

Reportedly it still worked on 9-series boards. I can try it on my Skylake machine, but it'll be a couple days because I'm not sure that I have a disc at home.

Skylake Starter Guide

Trying to get the installer to boot on my ASUS H170M-PLUS but it hangs: IMG_0616.jpg

View attachment config.plist

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: Never mind, I didn't have XHCI handoff enabled in the BIOS - it boots to the installer now!

Last edited:
Skylake Starter Guide

I got Clover to boot up in UEFI mode but this comes up

BBlhDHN.jpg

There is no option for me to install OS X El Capitan

I did change the BIOS settings as instructed.

Skylake Starter Guide

I got Clover to boot up in UEFI mode but this comes up

There is no option for me to install OS X El Capitan

I did change the BIOS settings as instructed.
The "External" is the UniBeast Installer. Double click on it.

Skylake Starter Guide

The "External" is the UniBeast Installer. Double click on it.

Thanks. Sorry for spamming this thread with simple questions.

I got Clover to boot up and the OS X start up screen came up and when it asked me where to install OS X, only the USB that has the loader showed up. I have 2 SSD's connected internally and I have the IOAPIC Fix.

One SSD has windows, the other is blank but it doesn't show up. Only USB.

Skylake Starter Guide

I'm confused; your sidebar says you have the Maximus VII Hero and an i7-6700K, but those don't work together. Which board are you using?

Make sure you have your SATA ports set to AHCI mode in BIOS, and that the OS X drive at least is connected to a SATA port on the Intel chipset (not a third-party SATA controller, as some boards have).

What model, form factor, and interface are the SSDs you're using?

Skylake Starter Guide

I'm confused; your sidebar says you have the Maximus VII Hero and an i7-6700K, but those don't work together. Which board are you using?

Make sure you have your SATA ports set to AHCI mode in BIOS, and that the OS X drive at least is connected to a SATA port on the Intel chipset (not a third-party SATA controller, as some boards have).

What model, form factor, and interface are the SSDs you're using?

Sorry, I forgot an I. Its VIII. Its fixed now. The ASUS Maximus VIII Hero.

I am using 2 Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB 2.5 Inch Sata III Internal SSD

They are internal and are connected to the motherboad via the Sata cables.

Skylake Starter Guide

That should definitely work; I'd double-check all the SATA settings in your BIOS. They should be AHCI, you can disable hot plug (though I wouldn't have thought that was necessary), etc. I know people have gotten that exact board working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back