Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylake Starter Guide

There are a lot of detailed guides for Skylake boards in this forum. You can look through those to find one that has the stuff working that you need. All of them still have the integrated graphics problem right now, but that doesn't matter if you use an Nvidia card.

FWIW I'm happy with both my ITX Skylake boards (and there are guides for both), though they have different specific advantages and disadvantages.

Skylake Starter Guide

ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel Core i7 6700K - EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

Thanks a lot for this great guide. Here's my pleasant experience with El Capitan install on Skylake. After updating the Asus Bios to 1204 and setting the recommended BIOS settings, I followed ammulder's Skylake Starter Guide exactly to modify "config.plist", and used "IntelMausiEthernet" and "SSDT-USB-Z170-ProGaming.aml".

There were absolutely no issues with the installation followed by a smooth boot into El Capitan 10.11.3 – after having to wait for the morning because I forgot to buy a USB mouse as I only had a Bluetooth Magic Mouse... :)

What immediately worked
- System definition showed iMac17,1
- All 32 GB RAM recognized
- USB keyboard, mouse, and USB 2.0 and 3.0 memory sticks
- Ethernet

What didn't work - and the fixes
- Audio. So, I ran MultiBeast 8.0.1 and set "Realtek ALC1150" and "Clover UEFI Boot Mode" as a minimal selection. After that, I wasn't able to reboot anymore (stuck at "Still waiting for root device"). According to various posts, this is a problem with USB. I tried MultiBeast with various selections but I was never able to boot anymore (same "waiting for root device" problem) afterwards and had to do a new install every time. So I decided to skip MultiBeast.
As a workaround, I used audio_CloverALC (https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC) to add ALC1150 to the EFI.
To make my system disk bootable, I used "Clover_v2.3k_r3320-UEFI.pkg" (under Downloads - El Capitan Install Tools). I copied the kext files and "config.plist" from my USB stick to the EFI of the harddisk.
Both audio and booting work.
- Graphics. As you are aware, there are some graphics glitches when using the mainboard Intel HD 530 graphics. The fix is using a graphics card.
My NVIDIA GPU however needed the following step to work. Fix is not to use iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro 6,1 system definitions, as described here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html) by slim.jim (Problem 4). After that, my GTX 980 Ti works.

Again thanks!

Skylake Starter Guide

My first post here but I've been following the Skylake threads on these forums for quite a while now.

I can report a succesful Skylake build. Seems to be working a 100% at the moment.. It's setup as an audio workstation in my studio right now, gonna work with it the coming weeks and see if I encounter any problems, there's always something ;) But right now it even seems to react quickly after sleep, no audio/usb problems encountered yet etc. I'm running Nvidia graphics so I've no clue about Intel graphics functionality, could test it if anyone's interested. I've pretty much followed this thread's starter guide, El Capitan guide and a guide on ****** to get iMessage working. System definition Mac Pro 3,1. Dual booting it too with Windows 10, works very smooth.

Thanks a lot for all the people figuring this out!! If I can help anyone out with my experience on this I'll gladly do my part:

Running the following hardware:

Gigabyte Z170X UD5 TH
Intel i7 6700k
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400mhz 2x8GB
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
Samsung EVO 850 500GB with El Capitan
Samsung EVO 850 250GB with Windows 10
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800

Thanks!

Skylake Starter Guide

All,

Here is my computer config:
Dell XPS 8900
i7 6700K
24GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 960
1TB Samsung SSD

I am stuck here:
Code:
OsxAptioFix(2)Drv: Starting overrides for .IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Disabled all BIOS options listed in OP
- Legacy boot vs UEFI boot (tried both, sticks in the same spot)
- Boot flags: -v nv_disable=1 dart=0 -x maxmem=4096 (in many different combinations)
- Tried switching between OsxAptioFixDrv and OsxAptioFix2Drv
- Files in drivers64UEFI: FSInject-64.efi, HFSPlus.efi, NTFS.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (tried OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and removed the other, too)
- Kexts tried (10.10 and 10.11): FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, FakeSMC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, USBInjectAll.kext

Tried with just USBInjectAll.kext and the USB patch in config.plist. Same stalling point.

I am not sure what else to do at this point. I can't even get it starting to boot correctly. Help!

Skylake Starter Guide

Did you partition the legacy USB installer as MBR instead of GPT ?

Skylake Starter Guide

Hello,

Finally I got my first hackintosh system running. Thank you for this great guide!
For the installation I used the short method with installing the USBInjectAll.kext.
Now I would like to get things right, but I stuck into a problem with the first step:
To begin with, open IORegistryExplorer. Look for PCI0@0 then AppleACPIPCI and then way down the list, an entry for XHC. It should look something like this, with all 26 entries underneath

The only entries I get are HS01 - HS14 and USR1.
How do I get all 26 entries?
Thank you in advance! :)

yours Markus

My rig:
i7 6700K
MSI Z170a Gaming M7
AMD Fury X
4x4 GB G.Skill Trident Z

Skylake Starter Guide

Any news for Asus Z170-Deluxe? The System doesn´t load after boot it. I tried everything you said in the Starter guide for BIOS.

TY btw.

Skylake Starter Guide

Any news for Asus Z170-Deluxe? The System doesn´t load after boot it. I tried everything you said in the Starter guide for BIOS.

TY btw.

I have a Z170-Deluxe + 6700k + Asus Gtx 950 and almost everything work.

Issues:
-Usb 3.1 not work (works with 10.11.2 usb memory stick but not usb HDD or webcam)
-Thunderbolt (Waiting for TB3 to TB adapter) Trying setup few time but Machine not start after that and need remove bios battery.

Can You start OS X installer?

Skylake Starter Guide

I have a Z170-Deluxe + 6700k + Asus Gtx 950 and almost everything work.

Issues:
-Usb 3.1 not work (works with 10.11.2 usb memory stick but not usb HDD or webcam)
-Thunderbolt (Waiting for TB3 to TB adapter) Trying setup few time but Machine not start after that and need remove bios battery.

Can You start OS X installer?

Nope. I can´t, just stucks at loading. Tried everything in BIOS:

- AHCI mode
- IOAPIC 24-119 entries Disabled
- secureboot to otheros
- VT-d disabled
- CFG-Lock ( this I can´t find it inside my BIOS)

also, I tried access OS X installer in all modes. Stuck at 0%. Dunno what im doing wrong.

TY jrpjrp btw :) for ur time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back