Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylake Starter Guide

I have successfully upgraded my Skylake system to 10.11.2 with no previously unknown issues.

Hardware:
Nvidia GTX 970
Intel i7-6700K
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Apple OS X native pci-e compatible wifi/bluetooth

I of course use remote desktop to reset the "Config2" to "none" in the graphics kext (this post Problem #4) and then install the new nvidia WebDriver-346.03.04b02.pkg. All the SSDT for hdmi audio and USB config continued to function with no changes & updated FakeSMC & plugins for skylake also continued to work.

Skylake Starter Guide

Greetings ,

I'm quite new at this soo I'm just trying to figure out how to overwrite the clover folder on the SSD.
And which basic settings should i be using.

I'm aware to use EFI mounter but when using Multibeast I am not getting the configuration right and I click install and I reboot to the SSD and I get still waiting for root device Sign.

Your step 4 ->
4. Use Multibeast 8.0.1 with Clover and default settings, then like with the USB, overwrite the CLOVER folder on your HD's EFI partition with the one linked below.

Update 2 :
So simple after a good nights sleep it was as simple as dragging the EFI contents from the USB to the SSD EFI Folder and on reboot Bingo however I do not believe this is the correct way of doing this?

Ok so I'm not an expert maybe copying the contents wasn't correct but it worked if theres a simpler way to do that the correct way any help would be appreciated.

I installed the graphics drivers and went to attempt to do this step

(
Edit the AppleGraphicsControl.kext and burrow down to /Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

> IOKitPersonalities
> AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
> ConfigMap
F60DEB81FF30ACF6 change from Config 2 to none.

Save changes and reinstall kext. Reboot. Originally Posted by rankrotten )

But I cannot find it at all any help would be greatly appreciated!

Skylake Starter Guide

First you need to make sure that's the correct Board ID to work with. Look in config.plist in the SMBIOS section for something like:
Code:
		<key>Board-ID</key>
		<string>Mac-65CE76090165799A</string>

Then once you have the board ID you're actually using, you can open terminal and run (all on one line):
Code:
sudo emacs /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

You're looking for a line in that file with your Board ID in it. You can either scroll through the file with the arrow key or hit Ctrl-S and type the first few characters you want to search for and then once it gets to the right spot use an arrow key to get out of the search and move the cursor around. Then go to the line after the one with the board ID above and change Config1 or Config2 to none. Then hit Ctrl-X Ctrl-C to quit and answer "y" when it asks you whether to save.

The run the follow-up lines to rebuild caches:
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Skylake Starter Guide

Sure thing, it's attached to this post (inside of a zip file). There is a USB bluetooth adapter in the left bottom port, and a USB keyboard in the right bottom port.

I can't seem to open the ioreg you provided in the ZIP file. When I try to open it, it says the file is corrupt. Can you try double-clicking it on your end and make sure it opens for you? If so, you should just be able to attach the ioreg directly without zipping it. If not, could you recreate it with devices attached to the bottom left/right ports and try again?

Skylake Starter Guide

I can't seem to open the ioreg you provided in the ZIP file. When I try to open it, it says the file is corrupt. Can you try double-clicking it on your end and make sure it opens for you? If so, you should just be able to attach the ioreg directly without zipping it. If not, could you recreate it with devices attached to the bottom left/right ports and try again?

The ioreg was probably captured with the wrong version of IORegistryExplorer (should use v2.1).

Skylake Starter Guide

Recommend using toleda's CloverALC audio script for onboard Realtek audio. There is no solution yet for Intel i219-V ethernet. Also check out this thread:

www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x.html

Intel i219-V is working on my Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 with the IntelMausiEthernet kext built from this fork.

This is the exact device I have:
00:1f.6 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V [8086:15b8] (rev 31)

Most of the work was done by this person, it just needed a little fix from upstream e1000e. And naturally Mieze is the original source of the driver.

Edit:
The origin of this fix is the linux e1000e driver:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/1103a631a83408733849b47fa2170cda984df2a3

Skylake Starter Guide

Intel i219-V is working on my Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 with the IntelMausiEthernet kext built from this fork.

This is the exact device I have:
00:1f.6 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V [8086:15b8] (rev 31)

Most of the work was done by this person, it just needed a little fix from upstream e1000e. And naturally Mieze is the original source of the driver.

Wow thanks for posting! I will test using this fork of the driver. :thumbup:

Skylake Starter Guide

Wow thanks for posting! I will test using this fork of the driver. :thumbup:

Actually the AppleIntelE1000e kext also works if you apply that fix. Not sure how fork friendly that project is, so heres a patch.

This is again for an Intel i219-V tested on a on a Gigabyte Z170X-UD5.

Source from the osx86drivers sourceforge project.

Attachments

• fix_e1000_pch_spt_flash.patch.txt
    674 bytes · Views: 287
Skylake Starter Guide

Yep it works! :thumbup:

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 2.28.39 PM.png

Skylake Starter Guide

Actually the AppleIntelE1000e kext also works if you apply that fix. Not sure how fork friendly that project is, so heres a patch.

This is again for an Intel i219-V tested on a on a Gigabyte Z170X-UD5.

Source from the osx86drivers sourceforge project.

This works too- just tested it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back