Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 1024 MB Fanless
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Saw a few people have this problem on the update post comments. Any ideas?

To enable Trim I had to run both trimforce in Terminal and the trim patch in Multibeast. After both commands Trim is on but internal drives show as external.

I disabled trimforce and the drives went back to normal- but Trim no longer worked even after re-running the Multibeast trim patch.

Haven't tried running IOAHCIBlockInjector.kext but others said it didn't have any impact.

Are you running an Easybeast Hackintosh? I only reason I ask is I updated an Easybeast one yesterday and had the orange icon issue but this morning I updated my main machine which uses a DSDT and had no problems with the Trimforce command.

Got the same problem using Multibeast 7.3.0 and "sudo trim force enable".

I have this too, but it's only my non-ssd hdd that's showing up as an external drive.

I've got the same problem. In my case all the internal drives show external, including SSDs. Been trying IOAHCIBlockInjector.kext and 3rd party SATA in Multibeast 7.3.0 but with no luck. Don't know what to do. If I disable the trimforce command, is there other solution to enable trim, other than that in Multibeast?

Update! I've managed to solve the problem by disabling trim using sudo trimforce disable command and enabled trim using Trim Enabler. I forgot that this was how I enabled trim before and just found the app on my computer. Here it is: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/329-trim-enabler/
Just select Enable Patch, wait for it to finish and then restart.
Good luck!

I did the 10.10.4 update via the App Store, and it went well. Following a reboot, I ran 'sudo trimforce enable', and that worked well, but after a reboot, the system didn't boot.

I booted from the USB with the latest UniBeast (5.1.0), and ran the latest MultiBeast (7.3.0) using a saved MultiBeast profile for my system. When I loaded the saved profile, the TRIM enable patch was unchecked automatically.

Following the MultiBeast run and a reboot, my TRIM is enabled, but all internal drives are shown as external on my desktop. They are connected either to the built-in Intel's SATA-II (P55), or the PCIExpress ASMedia SATA-III controller.

I'm not going to run some other TRIM enabler, but I am very curious why the disks are now showing as external.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back