HP Probook 450 G5
CPU
I5-8250
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi all

had a (almost) perfectly running 10.10.3 system here and read about the smooth updates to 10.10.4 here. so thats what i did, update to 10.10.4 via AppStore. got the installing-screen before the automatic reboot but after automatic reboot now i can't even boot with -x. only -s is (kindof) working.
when booting with -x -v -f there things look pretty different to normal, lots of errors, after some BootCachexxx error the system is automatically shutting down.. so things look completely wrong. any idea what could be the problem, roughly?

DSDT? - file is still there..
chamaeleon.boot.plist? - its the old working one (with kext-dev-mode=1)

i tried repairing permissions is -s-mode but nogo, lots of errors ..

there must be something completely wrong here.. but what..

my next step would be boot from an unibeast-yosemite-usb-stick, in chameleon from unibeast select the 10.10.4 partition and check if it will boot into it..

thanks for your help!

Hi all

had a (almost) perfectly running 10.10.3 system here and read about the smooth updates to 10.10.4 here. so thats what i did, update to 10.10.4 via AppStore. and now i can't even boot with -x. only -s is working.
when booting with -x -v -f there things look pretty different to normal, e.g. after some BootCachexxx error the system is automatically shutting down.. so things look completely wrong. any idea what could be the problem, roughly?

DSDT? - file is still there..
chamaeleon.boot.plist? - its the old working one (with kext-dev-mode=1)

i tried repairing permissions is -s-mode but nogo, lots of errors ..

there must be something completely wrong here.. but what..

thanks for your help!

"some BootCachexxx error" is not really helpful for diagnosis, can you be more precise ?
Boot with -v and post a picture of the screen when it stops

thanks a lot pilgrim for your feedback!

EDIT: Posted screenshot from boot process below.

will be happy to post a screenshot in a few hours when having access to that machine.

thx!

Dear all,

here is a screenshot from booting the system:
Photo.JPG
no matter how i boot: plain, -x -v -f, plain Unibeast-chameleon (yosemite 10.10.0) and then select the 10.10.4 yosemite partition (10.10.4).. always the same errors.. any clues what might be wrong?

thx a lot!

A complete fresh drive erase (format) and new installation of 10.10.0 and update to 10.10.4 helped. Big PITA. If someone still knows a solution would be glad to know. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back