Contribute
Register

10.10.3 freezes with high GPU load (Nvidia 780)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
6900 XT (Spoofed)
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello tonymac'ers!

So I thought id do the 10.10.3, since MB 7.3 is out, and go figure. I got around the black screen, but I can't run nvidia web drivers, since my computer freezes after a short while (I tried smbios macpro 3,1 - 5,1 and 6,1 + iMac 14,1 - 14,2 to 15,1). Im running a DSDT free system, and 10.10.2 was absolutely flawless. But I forgot to do a backup to roll back (doh!).

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the web driver, that didnt help. Cuda is "up-to-date".

If I run Heaven Benchmark, it will 100% freeze my computer before the benchmark test is done, every, single, time, with the web drivers. If I do the normal OS X drivers, then I can complete it on a lucky day (I tried several days). But everything seems to run more stable with the normal OS X drivers.

If anyone can help me out, and point me in the rigth direction id be very greatful. Im completely clueless and searching (google too) around hasn't been any help.

PS: I can only use web drivers with Macpro 3,1 and iMac 14,2. Otherwise its black screen.

Thanks in advance

Unkle

My system spec:
Asus z87 Plus
GTX 780
16GB ram (4x4)

I am also having this issue. Did you find a solution?

You don't need to do a backup to rollback. Just install 10.10.0 and then update to 10.10.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back