Asus GTX 750 Ti OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I am currently trying to get Airplay working on my new system and I could use some help. Whenever I select my Apple TV (3rd gen) as an Airplay display, everything seems fine (HDMI-connected screen goes black for a second, then the Desktop shows up again with the blue Airplay icon), but the TV which is connected to the Apple TV just goes black.

My system specs are:
Board: GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU: i5 4690k
Graphics: HD4600 (no discrete GPU)
Dell UltraSharp connected to bottom HDMI port
OSX Yosemite 10.10.1, Apple TV Software Version 7.0.2 (current afaik)

I tried switching the SysDef from iMac 14,1 to 14,2 as some users have reported success with 14,2 but had no luck. Also iMac 15,1 does not work. I've also set the primary graphics to onboard in BIOS (as opposed to PCI-E). Boot.plist is attached if that helps.

I appreciate any hints to get Airplay working!

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    723 bytes · Views: 284
Hi guys,

I am currently trying to get Airplay working on my new system and I could use some help. Whenever I select my Apple TV (3rd gen) as an Airplay display, everything seems fine (HDMI-connected screen goes black for a second, then the Desktop shows up again with the blue Airplay icon), but the TV which is connected to the Apple TV just goes black.

My system specs are:
Board: GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU: i5 4690k
Graphics: HD4600 (no discrete GPU)
Dell UltraSharp connected to bottom HDMI port
OSX Yosemite 10.10.1, Apple TV Software Version 7.0.2 (current afaik)

I tried switching the SysDef from iMac 14,1 to 14,2 as some users have reported success with 14,2 but had no luck. Also iMac 15,1 does not work. I've also set the primary graphics to onboard in BIOS (as opposed to PCI-E). Boot.plist is attached if that helps.

I appreciate any hints to get Airplay working!

Do you have full QE/CI / graphics acceleration working w/ your HD 4600?

Yes, QE/CI seems to be enabled and working fine.

Small Bump: I've also tried other System Definitions. Using MacMini5,1 and 6,2 results in the same black screen on the TV, system doesn't boot with MacPro 5,1.

I appreciate any ideas to get Airplay working!

I've the same problem on Apple TV 2, the video is black on TV and audio is work, did you find a solution?

Board: GA Z97X-UD3H
CPU: i7 4790k
Graphics: HD4600 connected with HDMI to the monitor
Yosemite 10.10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back