Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I want to soon rebuild my hackintosh, not that it has any troubles but I am soon redoing the office space and want to move it to a new case. I am looking at cases that will allow me to use a dedicated graphics card, but as the build is already tiny I dont want to add much extra and therefor only look at 1 slot cards.

I want to hear you guys, what card should I look for to get 1 slot and easiest installation in the latest OSX build?

Most cases are setup for 2 slot cards, I wouldn't limit your self to single slot cards unless you really don't need much power. Look at something like a GT 610, works OOB with Nvidia injection turned on.

Most cases are setup for 2 slot cards, I wouldn't limit your self to single slot cards unless you really don't need much power. Look at something like a GT 610, works OOB with Nvidia injection turned on.

You are right, I dont need a lot of computer power. My gaming is done on a extremely powerfull PC and my media apps run off a server so its only the basics I prefer to do in OSX. Is there any GT 610 people have had better luck with than other cards/models?

You are right, I dont need a lot of computer power. My gaming is done on a extremely powerfull PC and my media apps run off a server so its only the basics I prefer to do in OSX. Is there any GT 610 people have had better luck with than other cards/models?

I run a PNY GT 610 in my second machine without issues in Yosemite or El Capitan. All three ports work as well.

GTX 750(ti) is single slot, could be a nice option as well.

Two questions, what kind of resolution do you want to run and how many displays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back