Contribute
Register

$1,400 in components purchased and on the way. Should I have any buyer's remorse? SFF ITX Build - AS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z87E-ITX
CPU
i5-4670K 3.4GHz
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB ITX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
:crazy: After so much research... I had to just pull the trigger. I have not purchased after market cooling or a oob compatible wifi card, I figured I would grab these after the initial build and install.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz (Purchased For $206.98)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87E-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 (Purchased For $146.08)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 (Purchased For $156.08)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" SSD (Purchased For $156.08)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB ITX (Purchased For $288.85)
Case: Silverstone SG05BB Mini ITX (Purchased For $44.42)
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Gold 450W 80+ Gold SFX Power Supply (Purchased For $98.80)
Monitor: Dell U2412M 60Hz 24.0" ($268.99 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid (Purchased For $77.75)
Total: $1451.51
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts)

Thank ya kindly.

"Never ask a question you don't want to hear the answer to."

In all seriousness you've brought what is essentially an ITX version of my build. Idk what you're planning to do with it but the one think I'd say is that 16GB is unnecessary. That being said you might have very well thought out reasons for needing that much. The case looks pretty cool, always hearing good things about Silverstone.

Good luck with the build!

haha good point, and so far no one has said otherwise ;) If I were to answer the questions myself, no buyer's remorse... I did enough quality research to justify the pricing and value, furthermore form and function. It should be a straight forward multibeast install with very minor tweaking.

I almost dropped to 8gb but after having been on 2gb and 4gb for the last 7 years, and really feeling the constraints, I couldn't resist the extra wiggle room. At the high end I'll be running a variety of Adobe apps concurrently.

Thank you for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back