Contribute
Register

0 MB VRAM OpenCore

Motherboard
Laptop > Need make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i5-5200U
Graphics
GT 920M
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 920M
CPU: intel i5-5200U
EFI: Attached
Model: Dell Inspiron 5558

I installed Nvidia Web Drivers successfully but it still shows 0MB VRAM in Nvidia. I have tried several boot-args as well (nvda_drv=1, nvda_drv=31, ngfxcompat=1) but none of them worked. I have attached config.plist here.
I am new to hackintosh and installed macOS using Dortania's OC guide. I am in desperate need of fixing this issue. Please help me. Please

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.6 MB · Views: 34
Your laptop has Switchable graphics, that is where the Software controls which GPU to use, depending on power and processing required. MacOS doesn't support Switchable graphics. Never has and never will.

So you need to disable your Nvidia discrete GPU, like everyone else does who hacks an Intel laptop.

Using the -wegnoegpu boot argument is the simplest way to disable the Nvidia GPU. But you may find you need to use an SSDT to disable the dGPU, if the system power drains too quickly or it gets too hot.
  1. You need to uninstall the Nvidia Web Drivers, as they won't work.
  2. As well as removing any boot arguments you may have added while trying to get the Nvidia GPU to work.
  3. You need to use an Intel Framebuffer that allows the system's Broadwell IGPU to drive the display. This would be 06002616, which needs to be added to your config.plist in the DeviceProperties section.
The screenshot below shows the DeviceProperties I use with my HP 350 G2 laptop (Broadwell CPU):

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 21.34.56.png Broadwell IGPU framebuffer attributes

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 920M
CPU: intel i5-5200U
EFI: Attached
Model: Dell Inspiron 5558

I installed Nvidia Web Drivers successfully but it still shows 0MB VRAM in Nvidia. I have tried several boot-args as well (nvda_drv=1, nvda_drv=31, ngfxcompat=1) but none of them worked. I have attached config.plist here.
I am new to hackintosh and installed macOS using Dortania's OC guide. I am in desperate need of fixing this issue. Please help me. Please

Back