i7 3770
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello

I've just carried out my first major upgrade for a few years upgrading to Clover and High Sierra. Everything is good but I'm getting an annoying random lag where everything freezes for a few seconds and I get the spinning beach ball.

For the period of the hang the console log reads

signpost_notificationd 0 is not a valid connection ID

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 13.57.55.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 13.57.55.png
    134.6 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:
@Gwattymoose, please add details of your motherboard (Mobo) to your profile (personal details).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Thank you @BreBo, I think that's all in place now.

So it seems this is only happening on iMacs so can I change my smbios to something else? Currently running
iMac14,2. Will I break iMessage and FaceTime by doing that?

interesting, so it is not Customac Related

Actually it happening on a number of Mac's, not just Hackintoshes - Apple getting sloppy.

Ecuador on Friday April 20, 2018 @07:11PM -
As a developer, I have seen multiple times how under the "shiny" surface, Apple isn't really careful about what they are releasing, but the current macOS is one of the worse I've seen. For example, if you have installed it (and you can still boot), try opening the error console. Chances are you'll see that it throws several "signpost_notificationd - 0 is not a valid connection ID" errors every few seconds! It happens on all machines I have checked, a few 2013 Macbook Pros, a 2010 Mac Pro, a 2011 Mac Mini... And there are multiple threads about it, so it is not something in my part of the world :) Sure, it might be benign (although it is reported as an "error" - not warning - and some users claim it is related to excessive fan speeds), but how on earth can they release something that floods the error logs on many configurations, (including on a clean system, installed from scratch)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back