Disk utility does not see ssd and hdd during installation

Motherboard
Asrock z490 extreme 4
CPU
i5 10400
Graphics
UHD 630
My system:
audio codec -- Realtek ALC1200 (ven_10ec&dev_0b00)
network adapters --
Realtek PCle 2.5GbE Family Controller: vendor ID: 10EC, device ID: 8125
Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter: vendor ID: 14E4, device ID: 43B1
Drive model -- 1000GB Kingston A2000 SSD M.2 drive (SA2000M8/1000G); WDC WD3200BPVT-60JJ5T0
chipset -- lga1200
processor -- Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz
Motherboard -- Asrock z490 extreme4
iGPU -- Intel UHD Graphics 630

The startup process from the flash drive goes fine, but when I need to use the disc utility to partition the disc, it doesn't see my SSD and HDD. What could be the problem?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11 MB · Views: 9
The Rules said:
Please use the search function before creating a new topic. The question that you ask may have already been answered

This has been asked/answered many times previously.

Hello,
Just in case ... "Show All Devices" ... select the physical media...format it

1714551019466.png

Yes, I used the "Show All Devices" box. That's the one that doesn't show disks.

I tried booting from a hard disk (like a flash drive), but even so the disk utility does not see the space on the HDD

My system:
audio codec -- Realtek ALC1200 (ven_10ec&dev_0b00)
network adapters --
Realtek PCle 2.5GbE Family Controller: vendor ID: 10EC, device ID: 8125
Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter: vendor ID: 14E4, device ID: 43B1
Drive model -- 1000GB Kingston A2000 SSD M.2 drive (SA2000M8/1000G); WDC WD3200BPVT-60JJ5T0
chipset -- lga1200
processor -- Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz
Motherboard -- Asrock z490 extreme4
iGPU -- Intel UHD Graphics 630

The startup process from the flash drive goes fine, but when I need to use the disc utility to partition the disc, it doesn't see my SSD and HDD. What could be the problem?

My EFI was not designed for your hardware, was it?

It was designed for a B760 LGA1700, so I am not quite sure why you chose it.

As for your problem, once you have a more appropriate EFI folder, check the ASRock BIOS settings. Sometimes m.2 slots take resources from SATA ports - you seem to have one m.2 SSD and one SATA hard-drive in your system.

Also note that if they have been formatted using an earlier version of macOS drives may not show in Disk Utility. The best option is to format/partition while within the Ventura Installer itself.

I set up the EFI folder myself using the Dortania manual. This is my first hackintosh so I lack knowledge on this subject. I would be very grateful if you could tell me what can be fixed

I set up the EFI folder myself using the Dortania manual. This is my first hackintosh so I lack knowledge on this subject. I would be very grateful if you could tell me what can be fixed
make sure to set SATA mode to AHCI in your BIOS

Hello,
Get the latest version of OpenCore ( vers 0.9.9 ) and start from scratch !

Cheers :)

Okay. That's better. :thumbup:

Attachments

• EFI_Vers_0.1.zip
    11.3 MB · Views: 4
Back