Contribute
Register

New Audio Edits: UD2 - Full 100% Audio outputs coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NEW AUDIO EDITS: UD2 owners update your DSDT & LegacyHDA

boysent said:
Did you actually have the front Mic working? As that never worked for me, only the front audio.

Actually I'm not sure about the mic. I plugged my headset in and I saw the headphone controls but I never tested the mic. Tim

I installed the old (non HDA) kext that Tony provided and my front headphone jack works. Front mic does not. Tim

boysent said:
Make sure you're using HD audio for the front jacks- if not, you'll need one of the Standard Headphone audio LegacyHDA kexts for headphone. I only included the HD ones, because I figured most people have newer cases. Here's the Six 3.5mm Audio Jack for Standard Headphones.

Tonymac, this is ignorance I guess, but I plugged my front jack connector into the motherboard. What exactly do yo mean by HD audio for the front jacks? Tim

So this is a case specific issue then. My case if about 4 years old. I re-purposed it from an older build when I made this new build. I think I get it now. Getting slow in my old age. Tim

Ok, that suggest that you've either not used the HDA connector for your front audio jacks, or your case only has an AC'97 connector, which potentially means the audio quality of the headphone jack will suffer.

And yes, it's indeed a computer case related issue.

thelostswede said:
Ok, that suggest that you've either not used the HDA connector for your front audio jacks, or your case only has an AC'97 connector, which potentially means the audio quality of the headphone jack will suffer.

And yes, it's indeed a computer case related issue.

Thanks my friend. Tim

Hello Tony,
Thank you so much for your great work. I have my UD2 + i5 750 running 10.6.2 now.

But, there's no SPDIF Digital output can be selected. Can you please fix it?

Thanks,
Garry

garryh said:
Hello Tony,
Thank you so much for your great work. I have my UD2 + i5 750 running 10.6.2 now.

But, there's no SPDIF Digital output can be selected. Can you please fix it?

Thanks,
Garry

1. Update your bios to F8
2. Run MultiBeast, then select
-Audio- ALC 888b - Six 3.5mm Headphone LegacyHDA option.
-DSDT- the newest one- F8
-Disk Utilities
3. Reboot. Joy!

Hi Tony,
There's no Digital Out. Please check the picture.

Thanks,
Garry

Attachments

• screenshot.tiff
    246.9 KB · Views: 140

Also no Digital Out (6 jacks).
But i don't need it ;)

garryh said:
Hi Tony,
There's no Digital Out. Please check the picture.

Thanks,
Garry

Hmm, methinks you'll need to take a gander into the code in the LegacyHDA.kext in order to enable it. Since I don't use the digital out at all, I'm kind of stuck, and didn't even notice. Did you have it with the previous solution? You could always use the same edits in DSDT and go back to LegacyHDA_888b.kext- it's still in tonymacx86-snowleopard.zip.

1. Open LegacyHDA.kext- right click and choose Show Contents
2. Navigate to info.plist
3. Poke around, make changes, save, and replace the LegacyHDA.kext in your /Extra folder
4. Rebuild kext caches
5. Reboot. Joy?

:)

To check what I see in System Prefs/Sound and Audio Midi Setup check my 1st post.

Thanks Tony! I will try to edit the file.

I did try LegacyHDA_888b.kext and voodooHDA, but they didn't work (No sound at all). They might not be compatible with the new DSDT.aml.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back