Contribute
Register

New Audio Edits: UD2 - Full 100% Audio outputs coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NEW AUDIO EDITS: UD2 owners update your DSDT & LegacyHDA

Looks like it worked for me, though I haven't pulled out my tower to try the other jacks yet. What program is that first screen cap from, Tony?

adamsmasher said:
Looks like it worked for me, though I haven't pulled out my tower to try the other jacks yet. What program is that first screen cap from, Tony?

/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup ;)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-04 at 9.55.04 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-04 at 9.55.04 PM.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 129

No audio settings work ok but I lost front jack headphones and mic. Checked cables and all seems ok. Tim

Make sure you're using HD audio for the front jacks- if not, you'll need one of the Standard Headphone audio LegacyHDA kexts for headphone. I only included the HD ones, because I figured most people have newer cases. Here's the Six 3.5mm Audio Jack for Standard Headphones.

Attachments

• LegacyHDA.kext.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 66

Hmm, this does sound tempting, will try it out asap, though everything is working great, I'm working with cubase 5 btw.

@adamsmasher, this audio-midi setup prog is quite handy, since you can create multiple i/o cards with it! Suppose you want to use it with traktor and have a griffin usb audio interface, you can use that as Prelistening and the out of your MP(P) as the master. All this can be done by adding a new sound device! Though not super Low latency, but working!

cheers

qd

Did you actually have the front Mic working? As that never worked for me, only the front audio.

Actually I'm not sure about the mic. I plugged my headset in and I saw the headphone controls but I never tested the mic. Tim

Make sure you're using HD audio for the front jacks- if not, you'll need one of the Standard Headphone audio LegacyHDA kexts for headphone. I only included the HD ones, because I figured most people have newer cases. Here's the Six 3.5mm Audio Jack for Standard Headphones.

Tonymac, this is ignorance I guess, but I plugged my front jack connector into the motherboard. What exactly do yo mean by HD audio for the front jacks? Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back