Contribute
Register

New Audio Edits: UD2 - Full 100% Audio outputs coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NEW AUDIO EDITS: UD2 owners update your DSDT & LegacyHDA

So as of right now, tonymacx86-snowleopard.zip does not include this updated LegacyHDA kext mentioned in this thread?

EnzoFX said:
So as of right now, tonymacx86-snowleopard.zip does not include this updated LegacyHDA kext mentioned in this thread?

No. I'm pretty much leaving that guide as is, but referring the new (as yet unreleased, in preview mode) iBoot + MultiBeast method. I don't want someone who's used that guide to have it disappear or change all of a sudden. But to answer your question- no. :)

heh ok.
So you recommend using Multibeast to install the updated kext? I suppose I could extract it =P. Though I don't really get the difference between the old/new kext. I mean, they're both using the same method, DSDT HDEF+LegacyHDA+Stock Apple HDA.

I also wonder, tmongkol in the ALC88x thread mentions patching the kext for 10.6.2. It involves removing BuiltInHDA key from info.plist of LegacyHDA.kext. This is something I did for my P35 setup, it apparently fixes some errors in the console and probably more to it as well. I've noticed that the key is still present in the kexts you provide. Maybe you found it not necessary? After all, my sound on the P35 setup was fine before and after the edit.

EnzoFX said:
heh ok.
So you recommend using Multibeast to install the updated kext? I suppose I could extract it =P. Though I don't really get the difference between the old/new kext. I mean, they're both using the same method, DSDT HDEF+LegacyHDA+Stock Apple HDA.

I also wonder, tmongkol in the ALC88x thread mentions patching the kext for 10.6.2. It involves removing BuiltInHDA key from info.plist of LegacyHDA.kext. This is something I did for my P35 setup, it apparently fixes some errors in the console and probably more to it as well. I've noticed that the key is still present in the kexts you provide. Maybe you found it not necessary? After all, my sound on the P35 setup was fine before and after the edit.

Wow- I took those kexts directly from the site that thelostswede mentioned. Here are my findings. There's a one-line difference in startup- after trying out this edit, I don't have this line in my startup routine any more.

Mar 6 17:30:20 Home kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pciVendorProductID" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 2682 goto Exit

As you said, I haven't noticed any difference in sound at all as of yet. I guess just a cosmetic fix- I'll edit all of the LegacyHDAs for the next MultiBeast revision anyway! ;)

garryh said:
Thanks Tony! I will try to edit the file.

I did try LegacyHDA_888b.kext and voodooHDA, but they didn't work (No sound at all). They might not be compatible with the new DSDT.aml.

Hey garry- have you tried plugging in a SPDIF device to see if it works? I know the front headphone jack changes to headphone when the hardware recognizes it. Maybe this is the same for the SPDIF? I do see these devices in System Profiler, so it shouldn't be difficult if this doesn't work. ;)

tonymacx86 said:
Hey garry- have you tried plugging in a SPDIF device to see if it works? I know the front headphone jack changes to headphone when the hardware recognizes it. Maybe this is the same for the SPDIF? I do see these devices in System Profiler, so it shouldn't be difficult if this doesn't work. ;)

Hi Tony.
I just tried all four outputs. The SPDIF is still not working. I also notice that there's no red light coming out from the optical SPDIF port, so the SPDIF port is completely disabled in the driver. Please take a look and give me some hints.

This's my first time using MAC OS, it's just amazing. The OSX is just like the Gnome and KDE, but with much better graphics. The best things I like OSX are super fast shutdown, much less browser crashes, quick program installation/uninstallation and amazing graphics. Say Bye bye to the stupid M$ registry.

I was a long time Nokia Symbian smart phone user. I switch to iPhone 3GS. It's a much better device for typing emails and viewing web pages. I try to learn and write some apps for the iPhone. That's why I build this Hackintosh.

Thanks,
Garry

Re: New Audio Edits: UD2 owners update your DSDT & LegacyHDA

Anyone found a way to get optical/coaxial S/PDIF working yet?

I'm on the F7 BIOS and DSDT, using LegacyHDA_ALC888b.kext. S/PDIF is shown as an output option but doesn't do anything when selected; as per the last post, the optical connector has no red light.

Digital output is imperative to me, any solution much appreciated.

Try playing a file with Dolby Digital using Plex. It was the only way I got my spdif outputs to work.

Tim

timg said:
Try playing a file with Dolby Digital using Plex. It was the only way I got my spdif outputs to work.

Tim

Wait, so you have digital output? Could you post a screenshot of your System Profiler, and also Audio Midi Setup. Are you using the new files? Thanks- I've been thinking about this since this morning trying to come up with something- if it's already solved, I'd like to know! Thanks! :mrgreen:

timg said:

Tim

Not had a chance to try this yet, although it wouldn't be of much use as my amp only accepts a digital input and I'd like to get sound in all apps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back