HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
EDIT 2010-03-19: To enable SPDIF digital ins and outs as well as every line output and headphone switching stay tuned. I've got the solution coming- full ins and outs. Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=870

Hey everyone-

Thanks to this post by Daioptych,
viewtopic.php?p=4286#p4286

I've changed the standard edits for the GA-P55M-UD2 as of today, March 2nd. If you have been using

LegacyHDA_ALC888b.kext

In /Extra/Extensions it will not work anymore. Fortunately, there's a better option- now thelostswede's guides work on the 888b, and I've changed MultiBeast as well to make the process much more complete. Any 888, 888b, 889, or 889a will now have options for a specialized LegacyHDA kext. And now, all ins and outs should work- including front headphone and input jack switching. This doesn't mean that 5.1 or 7.1-channel audio will work, but you should be getting sound out of all the available jacks.

Please make a note of this, and update your LegacyHDA.kext and DSDT with the newest version of MultiBeast. There are new options for specific ins and outs.

The Six 3.5mm Audio Jack option is the one I'm using, and it works well. Here's a screenshot of System Profiler and Audio Midi Setup.

NEWEST MULTIBEAST
Public/MultiBeast.zip

NEW VERSION OF THE UD2 DSDT (in MultiBeast)
Public/DSDT-GA-P55M-UD2-F8.aml

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-02 at 4.42.01 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-02 at 4.42.01 PM.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 801
  • Screen shot 2010-03-02 at 4.43.40 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-02 at 4.43.40 PM.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 837
Re: NEW AUDIO EDITS: UD2 owners update your DSDT & LegacyHDA

I updated to F8 and installed the new dsdt & legacyHDA. Nice update. So far so good.

This is great. Now when I plugin headphones on the front my speakers turns off. Just like it should.

:p :clap: :p :clap:

The Five & Six 3.5mm Audio Jack option for 888 is missing here, i've The Three 3.5mm Audio Jack option for my mobo.That's really sad :( for me...
I wish, Tony will give us an option.. :mrgreen:
Any way, thank you very very much for carry on.. :thumbup:

Try using the one for three, it should work, but we didn't want to add it before we know if it worked or not. Want to be our Guinea pig? :mrgreen:

Already Guinea piged!! :sick:
Those were not working..for me, tried every way..
Please add option for us... :p
Thanks for the quick reply, thelostswede. :)

Well, it's not as if we've made those files, someone at insanelymac came up with them and they're only offering support for 4/2 and 3/2 rear port configurations.
You can have a look see here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=140941
It might be possible to create your own kext based on that though, if you've got the time and ability.

Sorry I can't be of more help :|

Missing my mic :silent: ...Sound out is ok. :thumbup:

This might help? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=188349

I think you're going to have problems with the Mic, you're either going to have to edit your DSDT or the kext somehow to make it understand that you only have three ports on the back, but I have no clue as to how to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back