Contribute
Register

Yosemite won't boot from HDD on XPS 8500

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I boot in after installing using the USB, should I use boot flags or not?

Thanks.

Whenever you are booting from USB you have to use the same flags which all are used to get installer screen.

Whenever you are booting from USB you have to use the same flags which all are used to get installer screen.
Thanks, just loading the set up screen now...
Should I just install Chimera for now, or should I install all of the recommended drivers from other users on this forum?

Should I just install Chimera for now, or should I install all of the recommended drivers from other users on this forum?
Should my boot mode be 'Legacy' or 'UEFI'?
Thanks.

So I installed all of the recommend drivers from MultiBeast. I am still unable to boot using the HDD and when I boot from the USB, I get stuck at this...
Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867.9 KB · Views: 107

You can install Chimera along with drivers required for your system.

So I installed all of the recommend drivers from MultiBeast. I am still unable to boot using the HDD and when I boot from the USB, I get stuck at this...
Thanks.

Boot without caches and Chimera's Graphics Injection using flags GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f -v

Also ensure that the Monitor connected to Digital Output ports (Dvi/HDMI)

Good Luck...!

Boot without caches and Chimera's Graphics Injection using flags GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f -v

Also ensure that the Monitor connected to Digital Output ports (Dvi/HDMI)

Good Luck...!
It still won't boot from HDD, I either get an error about Windows or an error saying that there isn't any boot loader present on that specific hard disk. HELP!

It still won't boot from HDD, I either get an error about Windows or an error saying that there isn't any boot loader present on that specific hard disk. HELP!

Remove the USB. and try booting from HDD only.

What are the errors you are getting post pics.

Remove the USB. and try booting from HDD only.

What are the errors you are getting post pics.
This is one of the errors I get when trying to boot from the HDD.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    731.2 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back