Contribute
Register

Yosemite won't boot from HDD on XPS 8500

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the errors I get when trying to boot from the HDD.

Connect OS X HDD to the first SATA Port (Lowest numbered). Refer motherboard manual for finding this. Then unplug all other HDDs.

Connect OS X HDD to the first SATA Port (Lowest numbered). Refer motherboard manual for finding this. Then unplug all other HDDs.
Should I just re partition the 2TB HDD then reinstall OS X on the other 500GB HDD which is plugged in the first SATA port?

Should I just re partition the 2TB HDD then reinstall OS X on the other 500GB HDD which is plugged in the first SATA port?

Just connect the HDD which having the OS X Installed to first SATA Port.

Still got the same error...
Using those flags you suggested, I was able to boot without having to use "-x" but when I restarted, I got the same error...

Using those flags you suggested, I was able to boot without having to use "-x" but when I restarted, I got the same error...

Ensure that the OS X HDD is in the first position on the boot priorities in BIOS.

Ensure that the OS X HDD is in the first position on the boot priorities in BIOS.
I have fixed the booting problem, it was that my drive had the boot0 error so some tinkering in Terminal and now it boots properly, I'm still having to use boot flags but now it boots without the USB having to be plugged in which is good! Any ideas now about the drivers I need?

I have fixed the booting problem, it was that my drive had the boot0 error so some tinkering in Terminal and now it boots properly, I'm still having to use boot flags but now it boots without the USB having to be plugged in which is good! Any ideas now about the drivers I need?

Which flags are required for every booting??

Are you planning to use multibeast or clover??

Which flags are required for every booting??

Are you planning to use multibeast or clover??
"-x" "GraphicsEnabler=No" are normally required. What does the "IGPEnabler=No" boot flag do?
Thanks.

"-x" "GraphicsEnabler=No" are normally required. What does the "IGPEnabler=No" boot flag do?
Thanks.

-x for booting in safe mode.

GraphcisEnabler=Yes/No - Using for enabling/disabling Chimera's Graphics Injection for NVIDIA and ATI

IGPEnabler=Yes/No - Using for enabling/disabling Chimera's injection for Intel HD graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back